Second Life Crash Logger

FieryRedSunrise

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4379 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Just downloaded Second Life Viewer and every time I try to open it, it says Second Life Crash Logger then something pops up saying Second life has stopped working. How do I fix this.

I did the test you told me about and it says my computer can run Second Life.

Computer Specs:

CPU: AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60

CPU Speed: 2.0 GHz Performance Rated at: 3.20 GHz

RAM: 2.0 GB

OS: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 6001), 32-bit

Video Card: ATI Radeon X1200

3 answers to this question

Check to see if your computer is capable of running SL.  An easy way to find out is to run the test here:

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/intro.aspx

It's a third party application that you must install.  I just ran it and it's virus and spyware free (you can accept that or not.......I'm in no way connected to the site).  I just uninstalled after the test so you don't have to keep it on your computer after running it.

It will tell you if you can run SL according to the system requirements that LL provides but that is no guarantee SL will run on your machine because there are so many other factors to consider (not least of which is that LL hasn't updated the minimum requirements for quite sometime (shame on them for that).  If you computer won't run SL and the test says it should then give us some computer specs to try to help further.  Don't start a new thread to add the specs (this forum software does not provide a way for you to respond in a thread you've started.........another shame in LL for that).  Use the "Options" in the upper right corner of your initial post and then "Edit" to add the specs and any comments you want to add.

Hello FieryRedSunrise and welcome to SL Forums. Two cases:

1. Your system can't handle the application. It would be helpful to post here your system's specs for a better and more sperific answer. You can edit your post (options on the right --> edit to add more details. You can see the requirements for SL here. However they look out of date we could say.
  2. A firewall or anti-virus blocks the program and doesn't allow it to run. For more details please check out the following link: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Using-Second-Life-with-a-firewall/ta-p/1304539

Hey i have the same problem, just I can log in the first time in one day and it will work perfect and then the next time i log in i can stay for less than 2 minutes and it will shut off and this popup will come saying "App crash. App may appear frozen. Looking for solutions to the problem." this is all that happens and its really really annoying. Can someone help me please???

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4379 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.