When I log in I get a 'cannot find simulator? What does that mean?

Marjorie Fadlan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4437 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Hello Marjorie and welcome to SL Forums. There are 2 main causes you get this error message. Maybe:

1)It is relative with a temporal problem on the region you are trying to log in. If so, is possible to fix the problem if you log in a different region. Try to log in a protected land like Smith, Exeuxoa or Anzere and see if that helps. If you use the official viewer and you can't select a different region, in your log in screen give the command: Menu Me --> Preferences --> General Tab --> Enable "Show on login" --> OK.  After click the down arrow where it says "Start at" and choose <Type region name> --> Smith --> Login.

2)It is relative with invalid characters in your group tag. If so, you will fix the problem if you remove or change it. If you remember which group tag you wear, log in with an alt (alternative / another account), find the owner or a manager of the group, explain who you are and ask them to eject you of the group. If you are the group owner, again log in with an alt and change the group tag. If it is no possible, tell your friends to delete the group. When they all leave, your groups in 48 hours will stop to exist, so you will fix your problem.

In any case if you are a premium and you can't find a solution, you can submit a ticket https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/ --> Account issue --> Second Life Web Login Issues. Report there the problem analytically and wait for a reply. Good luck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4437 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.