Which section should I put this support ticket?

Marcus Hancroft

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4442 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have been having an increasing amount of CTD's using Firestorm, Phoenix 1600 and V3.  I opened a Jira on the Firestorm website and the Dev's found this error in my crash logs:

2012-02-22T02:07:14Z WARNING: newview/llinventorypanel.cpp(817) : LLInventoryPanel::addSubItems: No parent folder for items

Which section should I post the support ticket under?

there is no inventory section of Account Issues. Only;
Abuse Appeal
Account Creation Issues
I Believe My Account Has Been Compromised
Memorial Request (??)
Reactivate An Old Account
Second Life Web Login Issues

None of which are applicable in my case. The other sections are Billing, Land & Region, Marketplace, and Other Second Life Properties. Any idea which section or where this ticket needs to be placed? Memorial Request? Really? They do that?

1 answer to this question

Technical issues get filed in the JIRA. Read the 'How To Report...' instructions closely and give the Lindens all the info they need.

If they can not reproduce the error in V3, they won't be able to fix it. So, you need to include the steps to create the error.

The JIRA is an interesting feature of SL that most users never deal with. Some see it as a support channel and expect the Lab to respond to issues their as customer support would. That is not the case. The JIRA is a direct link to the people that actually work on the server and viewer software. Items in the JIRA are added to their workload and triaged from time to time, sometimes weekly, and priorities set. The manpower levels and new incoming issues are such that some items may not be addressed for YEARS.

Everyone has their opinions of how the Lab SHOULD handle JIRA issues and which should be fixed first. As long as you understand that mine are to be fixed first, you won't get frustrated. :matte-motes-evil:

Also, the FS/PH Team works with the Lab. They will most likely submit their fix to or Issue Item to the Lab. But, it will help others if you find a JIRA. If you search the JIRA, you may find someone already filed a similar JIRA and you can added to it.

Most Important: WATCH a JIRA you want fixed. The Lindens pretty much ignore 'VOTES' and only pay attention to WATCHES.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4442 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.