sl dating

Nancy Hilltop

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4432 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

First of all i really would suggest not to go bf hunting in sl for rl if that's your plan.

SL is really full with weirdos you just don't want to meet rl. I mean... go out in rl. Meet a wonderful man there.

There are some very very very rare cases that some rl couples met here in sl, however the last thing i ever did was to find a rl bf here even when i was single a few years back. RL is the place to be for that really (!) Not some 3D pixel game...

If you just want to play "couple" in sl, ok. Then i would suggest to go to busy places. There's always a guy willingly to follow your pixels lol. But pelease... keep that to sl. SL really is a place too full of messed up ppl you just never want to meet rl.

SL isn't a dating service. There ARE dating services in SL, but those aren't really for matching up people in RL. If you want to make friends in your area, try going places in your area. Or try an actual dating service; there are plenty out there that are free. It's a better bet than going into a virtual world searching for RL relationships.

There are plenty of great people in SL, but truthfully, there are plenty of not-so-great people, too. It's best to keep SL relationships in SL, and forge RL relationships in RL. That's not to say you can't make wonderful friends in SL, because you can; but if what you're looking for is a RL connection, the best place to look is in RL.

I would say instead that SL is JUST AS populated with wierdos as RL.  It's just that they don't bother to hide it as much in SL.  Which in some ways is an advantage, as you are more likely to know someone isn't compatible with you much earlier.....

If you want to look for local people for potential dating in RL while in SL, go for it.  But as with any online-to-offline situation, be careful and safe.  I met my current RL fiance (we've been together in RL now for 4 years) online, and she wasn't local then.  So not only CAN it happen, it happens a lot more often than people think.  And like most things in life, the 'horror stories' you hear about are 48% exaggeration,47% urban legend, and 5% truth.

Im always looking for friends here, and would love to try to hang sometime. I really want to get a large group of people i can hang out with so clubbing or other events aren't as boring.

People use words like weirdo too loosely now.  The way people use it cause many people to be paranoid, and to take things out of porportion.  If you gotta call something weird, at least describe it with some examples, or a perspective on why you think something is weird. 

Nancy Hilltop wrote:

thank you helium i don't even care about the boyfriend so much i just need to make some friends

hey nancy didnt relize you were from minnesota maybe i might have stayed lol i used to live there but move to virgina with my family. lolz i already added as a friend in sl soooo u can im me anytime. ;)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4432 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.