Trouble finding a place to play!!

Jagdish Indiawood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3508 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Does anyone else feel like it's impossible to find a good group or place to rp with/at?

I've been in and out of secondlife on account of this. Every time I find an rp I like it diminishes after a short while. People stop coming online - sims die down - story goes south or was barely there to begin with.

So the question is: Where does one go for quality rp-ing in secondlife. The answer is beyond me.

You may like to look in on Victoria - a co-ed academy.  No kids - all adult RP, school based.  Ar the moment Tuesday evenings (9:00pm UK time) are about the busiest.  Popular class that night followed by a fun debate then people hang on and chat.  Feel free to visit any time.

The newsletter (link below) will tell you mo

www.victoria-academy.com/downloads/vawinter2011newsletter.pdf

yeah ive actually found a couple sims that lasted for 6 months, started a senate in one of them, but ultimately, i think it fell about a year ago or so.  Honestly there like trend bars, and if you can find something, usually youll loose taste for it after about 2 weeks into it, or find some crazy person that will ruin the time there.

The current RP situation in SL is rather sad. Especially for those that seek out specific thems since there is a lot to chose from when it comes to fantasy, vampires and a few historical themes .. some urban ones are around to and with Contagion there is a very good zombie survival RP.

However my personal RP wishes have not been met anywhere so far ... especialyl since sci-fi sims on SL seem to call themselves RP just so to give a theme to their all-about-sex setting -_-  ... I don't like that ... almost as much as all HUDS and meters outthere

*sighs* 

No RP and sims are too expensive to even dream about building one ...

*sighs again and goes to continue her search for a place to play on*

No!

The best thing about SL is that if it doesn't excist, you can make it yourself.

Who says that you need a full region to start a roleplay sim?

You should have seen 1920s Berlin 3 years ago when we began.

It was a tiny skybox parcel somewhere in a laggy mainland sim, tiny!

Just a few shops, a cinema and a club, nothing else!

We only grew when neighbours sold their land.

Start small, rent some land somewhere, start a group and see how it goes.

If people love it they will come and join your roleplay, if they don't, at least you didn't waste lots of time and money on building some massive sim.

• 3 weeks later...

I have started a new sim, it's called *Ultimate Eclipse* & was origionally a vampire/lycan clan. It is still a work in progress, and unfortunately we had some major drama happen & most of the people left. I am trying to find people who are interested in rebuilding this group & who have good RP ideas. Also I am in need of financial supporters.

Sorsha36

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3508 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.