HELP! Can't see mesh on my viewer

ellerc

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3908 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I use Firestorm v.3 viewer and was under the impression that it was a mesh-enabled viewer. I recently made one of my first mesh purchases (the purple top from the picture below). I've since worn the top and was able to see it perfectly from my viewer. Other people have complimented me about the top, which indicates that others are able to see it as well. Although, I do have a few friends that are not on mesh enabled viewers, so all they see is my missing torso. 

My dilemna is that I've been out and about in sl and have encountered others wearing mesh. I see everything BUT the mesh item from my viewer. As a result, I went to check my settings, and from all appearances, everything that should be selected is... hardware skinning, etc.

Sooooo why can't I see other mesh items or better yet... why am I able to see mesh items on myself but not on others??!! 

What up with that?! mesh top (purple).jpg

I don't have a solution, but I just wanted to let you know that happens to me also. Sometimes I can see everything that is made out of mesh except for maybe one pair of shoes or a dress or something like that. I don't know what causes it. I do know sometimes teleporting breaks it and sometimes I log in and everything is fine. I use Exodus.

Yeah I sometimes have problems with Firestorm not loading mesh.  I haven't figured out the rhyme to it, yet, but if the mesh doesn't load in 1-2 minutes try typing "dd 0" (without quotes) into local chat, wait for the majority of things around you to disappear, then type dd 180 (or whatever draw distance you prefer) and see if that forces the meshes to load.  If that doesn't work, try relogging.  That usually fixes everything for me, but its a bit of a pain having to relog every time someone's mesh clothing disappears.

Hopefully somone will fix that soon.

Mind that mesh is still in its infancy shoes even for Linden Lab. It means that the source code is imported to 3rd pary viewers too with all bugs and problems with compatibility amongst different computers. I would be careful with mesh at the moment really and not expect too much of it. If it works it works, but... if it doesn't... it just doesn't. 

In time it might become better, but i also did understand that it's a very complex matter. 

Time...

• 1 year later...

I am still having this problem. 

And not just that. i am crashing from this disappearing mesh. my mutelist is unbelieveable long, since i have to block all people, who are wearing mesh, that i cant see. if i dont and relogg, i will crash mmadeatly. i am having this problem since sep.2012

Noemi Azambuja wrote:

I am still having this problem. 

And not just that. i am crashing from this disappearing mesh. my mutelist is unbelieveable long, since i have to block all people, who are wearing mesh, that i cant see. if i dont and relogg, i will crash mmadeatly. i am having this problem since sep.2012

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Server/Disappear-mesh-amp-Login-Problems/m-p/2126625#M11485

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3908 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.