looking for buisness partner

emmettcullen93

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If I might be so bold as to make a suggestions..Don't get a partner.  It sounds like you have most if not all of it covered except what sounds like some money.

You can start with some things on MP and let them grow.  Why give up half your money just to solicit here on these boards for a partner you neither know or trust?

emmettcullen93 wrote:

i am mainly just looking for somebody who can create items for me to sell as idk any of that.

So.... what's your offer to the person with the creative talent?

Say someone makes some REALLY good things that they could sell themselves for 100% of the profit, they would give you 50% because...<insert answer here>.

For me on a sole creative base. I personally would never settle for 50%. If I've done 100% of the work. Advertising is important .. yes. However I would say a cut of 10% to be more acceptable. If the marketing means to be of a effective distribution/traffic. You additionally will find more willing to cut in at 10% in trade for good advertising. Just my two cents. This can all be willingly ignored.

emmettcullen93 wrote:

so is my best option to learn how to create items and lead the buisness by myself?

SL has few cost barriers to entry.  For $10 US I can buy approximately L$2500.  Depending on where I rent, that would get me maybe 10 to 15 mall spots in which to advertise items and from that i'd get 100% of the return.

What i'm being offered here is that I have to provide financial input (which as you can see above is a tiny amount) AND the products and for that I get 50% ROI.

Tell me again why I can't just do this myself?  Rent my own spots and take 100%.

I'm not trying to criticise, SL is for having fun and realising dreams but once you include money and things like partnerships, you've got to be bringing something to the table that the other party needs and can't easily source.

What you might want to look at is affiliate vendors.  Creators provide those for others to take and rez so you get to pay the financial investment in the mall spot and for that you receive a commission on sales.

Some affiliate programmes require no purchase of vendors, others do charge.  Equally, some will pay a higher commission on sales but that will also vary based on product type, uniqueness, market and whether you had to pay for their affiliate kit.

This may suit you as it needs no real "relationship" with anyone else, you just take and rez and those are the products you offer for sale.

Well, you need a partner with complimentry skills, For instance I am a builder, good with textures and capable of sculpting if aabsolutely neccessarry, I would want to partner with a scripter. a BUILDER WHO CAN'T make textures would want to partner with someone good on photoshop, and artistic. A land resaler might want to partner with a terrain moddler, etc.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4409 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.