Breedables... Really?

Paul Hexem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4397 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In terms of legal recourse IF anyone wanted to sue, I believe that a case could be made that Linden dollars have a demonstrated US dollar value (as demonstrated on Marketplace, which facilitates purchases of items in both US dollars and the equivalent linden dollar amount.)  That being said, I believe that most attorneys would advise you not to pursue any legal action as the amounts that we're discussing are negligible.  1000 linden dollars is roughly 4 US dollars.  It makes pursuing cases cost MORE than the original value that you might want to sue for.  It's possible that is what Adrian meant.  I’m not sure.  You’ll have to wait and see if he replies.

Ilyra Chardin wrote:

In terms of legal recourse IF anyone wanted to sue, I believe that a case could be made that Linden dollars have a demonstrated US dollar value (as demonstrated on Marketplace, which facilitates purchases of items in both US dollars and the equivalent linden dollar amount.)  That being said, I believe that most attorneys would advise you not to pursue any legal action as the amounts that we're discussing are negligible.  1000 linden dollars is roughly 4 US dollars.  It makes pursuing cases cost MORE than the original value that you might want to sue for.  It's possible that is what Adrian meant.  I’m not sure.  You’ll have to wait and see if he replies.

That is precisely my point, Ilyra.  It is not a question of whether anyone should take legal action to seek remedy with regard to L$ transactions, the nominal dollar sums connected to SL transactions would make such a course risible at best; it's a question as to whether someone could take such an action and successfully argue a given value in L$ represents a fractional amount in US$.  I can assure you that they could.  However, this whole discussion is rather academic at all levels since there is absolutely nothing even remotely illegal about the 'Breedables' industry and someone would have to be barking mad to invest enough L$ in the franchise(s) to make seeking legal remedy in any way worthwhile.  My guess is that such a person would be too busy hoarding Slankets and Sham-Wows and feeding their eighty cats to find a lawyer willing to accept the case.

Gadget Portal wrote:

Why are you so butthurt over people not liking breedables, Ziggy?

I don't have a problem with people not liking breedables thats everyones choice.

I do have a problem with people making the sort of rash, totally untrue claims that have been made in this thread   

Adrian Harbinger wrote:

Judging requires one to give a rat's ass, which I don't.  I was merely correcting your misinformed blather.

You have a lot of extremely derrogatory things to say about something you apparently don't give a rat's ass about, and given that you don't give a rats ass  I wonder how you have the knowledge to state that I am misinformed.

What we know for sure is that breedables have existed for close to 3 years and people have continued to enjoy them and invest in new systems during this time. 

If I am right this is because they enjoy them.

If I am misinformed as you claim, all these 1000s of people are being repeatedly fooled by a scam which you can see right through even with no involvement.

Its perfectly obvious to anyone I am NOT the one who is misinformed.

Every argument I have made has been reasoned and backed up with evidence and/or examples, you are the one who is posting pure opinion with nothing to back it up whatsoever. No knowledge of creating breedables, no knowledge of using breedables, know knowledge of selling in the marketplace.

But if you insist on labouring this point BACK IT UP WITH EVIDENCE, reveal the source of your information, you apparently know all these people are being ripped off, demonstrate how you know this. 

I've never participated in the Breedables market....so no horse in this particular race!

All I can say it's provided a lot of fun for 1000's of SL'ers and for that reason alone, I see it as a plus aspect to Second Life. I certainly don't see it as a Ponzi scheme. A pyramid scheme...possibly,.... but no one's arms are being twisted to participate.

If it introduces more money into the SL money supply..I see it as a good thing. e.g more land being acquired, more sales to creators of Breedables byproducts.

Ziggy21 Slade wrote:

Adrian Harbinger wrote:

Judging requires one to give a rat's ass, which I don't.  I was merely correcting your misinformed blather.

You have a lot of extremely derrogatory things to say about something you apparently don't give a rat's ass about, and given that you don't give a rats ass  I wonder how you have the knowledge to state that I am misinformed.

What we know for sure is that breedables have existed for close to 3 years and people have continued to enjoy them and invest in new systems during this time. 

If I am right this is because they enjoy them.

If I am misinformed as you claim, all these 1000s of people are being repeatedly fooled by a scam which you can see right through even with no involvement.

Its perfectly obvious to anyone I am NOT the one who is misinformed.

Every argument I have made has been reasoned and backed up with evidence and/or examples, you are the one who is posting pure opinion with nothing to back it up whatsoever. No knowledge of creating breedables, no knowledge of using breedables, know knowledge of selling in the marketplace.

But if you insist on labouring this point BACK IT UP WITH EVIDENCE, reveal the source of your information, you apparently know all these people are being ripped off, demonstrate how you know this. 

Ziggy, Ziggy, Ziggy... You are way too worked up over this issue, so I will ignore your ill-informed diatribe and simply recommend that you get bred.  It has a calming effect, in case you didn't know.  Carry on my wayward son.

• 4 weeks later...

I had a situation with a sim owner who was really unreliable, never restarted the sim, items were always returned or lost and it was laggy like crazy, not sure why as I don't own a sim and never have. I have breedables and just took them to a sandbox to feed. If you rez them in small groups it doesn't hog the prim space and they can eat before being returned to inventory. Some breedables like KittyCats have food you can wear and your cats can eat while attached, which is helpful too, just take turns cuddling and let them eat out of the carry along food. It works if you have no land for a time.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4397 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.