I have been having issues staying logged in, and I cannot attach items in my inventory to my avatar.

Eric0901 Wolfhunter

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4445 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have been having issues staying logged in, and I cannot attach items in my inventory to my avatar. This is a frequen problem when rolling retarts have been complteted typiclaly on the same day. I have re-logged and cleared my inventory cache. I am still unable to compltet teleports, attach my own inventory items. I have restrated my computer, defragmented the hard drive and shut down all other programs besides the operating system. WHAT IS THE PROBLEM!? 

2 answers to this question

It's possibly a coincidence that this always seems to happen on rolling restarts days, but sounds rather more likely to interruptions in your internet connection.

Be wired rather than wireless whenever possible, and reset your modem.

Next time you bring up your viewer screen to login, change your start location to a quiet sim, Furball, or Quarrel or Chalvez are all good empty Linden-owned waterland sims.  And then go into advanced menu (develop menu in V3 I think), and choose the option to do a character test.  This will take your avatar back to the basic newbie appearance, but should also help with the inventory issues.

Teleports failing may also be fixed by doing this. However, certain attachments can often be blamed for slow or failed teleports, and subsequent crashes.  When you go back to building up your avatar from the newbie-looking character test state, try teleporting with no attachments, and replace them one by one.   You might find the culprit by a process of elimination that way.

Other suggestions will follow, but please do keep this thread up-to-date until you're fixed. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4445 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.