[SOLVED] Cross-eyed avie with rigged clothing

Milla Michinaga

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4438 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Try logging on with a different viewer and wearing the skirt.  

I ran into some weird stuff over the weekend when I wore some of my mesh.  On one viewer I wore an avatar mesh I made that had very distorted joint positions and when I took it off I was still distorted.  I didn't have any other mesh on.  I then logged off and log on with a different viewer and I was back to normal but when I tried a different mesh some of it acted like it wasn't weighted.  So I took it off and put on the first mesh with the distorted joints it worked fine and when I took it off my avatar went back to normal as usual.  I then logged on with the original viewer and same exact thing happened as it did the first time.

The first viewer I logged on was the standard LL default viewer and the second one was LL Beta Viewer.  Both were up to date.  I was on Aditi the beta test grid if that matters.

Hope that helps. :)

Milla Michinaga wrote:

I've checked that they eye-joints don't have any influence in the skinning

With that sentence, it sounds like you're thinking about the problem backwards.  The eye bones exuding influence on the skirt wouldn't cause any problems with the eye geometry.  It would just cause part or all of the skirt to move in response to the eyes instead of the legs.  The right questions are what bones have influence on the eye geometry, and what are those bones doing.

If your avatar is wearing attached eyes, then my guess is one or more bones besides just the eye bones has influence on the attached geometry.  If that's the case, you can find the problem pretty easily, via the component editor in Maya.  Select all the vertices for the eye attachments, and look at what bones have influence on them.  You should see all 1's next to the eye bones, and all zeros for everything else.  If anything besides the eye bones has greater than zero infleence, just go in and zero it out.

If it's just the avatar's own built-in eyes, no attachments, then wrong bone influences can't be can't be the issue.  It's not possible to change the influences on the built-in avatar geometry at all.  Are you using joint positions?  If so, that could be your culprit.  If you inadvertently moved the eye bones when you rigged that skirt, then the avatar's eyes would of course move to match.  If that's the case, then you'll need to redo the rig, with the eye bones in the right places.  That should only take a few minutes, since you can just copy the weights from the existing rig to the new one.

If none of the above are the problem, and if it's not simply a viewer hiccup as Cathy suggested, then I'd say something maybe got borked in your COLLADA export, and/or the upload process.  Try exporting a new copy, upload that, and see if it doesn't solve the problem.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4438 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.