Jass 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4416 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

Just a quickie.  I've downloaded blender 2.61 but I've been seeing a lot lately about Jass 2 and how its bundled specifically for the creation of sculpties for upload to sl.  It also appears to have Python and Primstar so....  is the version of Blender I have suitable for the creation of sculpties for second life or is it that Jass 2 is just a more convenient way of getting the software?

Also I notice that the Jass 2 package has python and Primstar which I have been told are needed for the creation of Raw files.  Do I have Python and Primstar and this ability with Blender 2.61 ? or do I need to download these programs as well ?

Any help with this much appreciated :)

When you get JASS2, it includes the proper version of Blender as part of the package, along with Primstar and the correct version of Python. You might already have the right versions of one or more of those, but with JASS2, you can be sure that you do. The installation routine installs everything, so all you have to do is start working.  You can get the free version of JASS2, which has all of that functionality, but I recommend the "Pro" version.  It's not really very pricey and it it's necessary if you are planning on making oblong sculpts.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4416 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.