You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3163 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm just suddenly pregnant. I got a prim baby off an MM board and my partner and I have decied it would be fun to go through the motions. (No tummy talker though.) We were wondering if there is any period of time someone stays pregnant in SL. Or if you just make it up as you go a long. Also I hope this is the right place to post this.

Congratuatlions on your new bundle of prim baby joy.

I would say one of the advantages of being knocked up in SL is you don't have to be pregnant for nine months. No swollen feet, morning sickness, all that sorry business. I say pop that critter out already, go for it!

Oh, and also I would like to thank you on behalf of mysefl and a good number of SL residents for not using one of those talking stomachs. Those things are kinda creepy and always make me want to run and find a young priest and an old priest.

Welcome to Second Life Forums, Cricket

Congratulations!

You could play out the pregnancy in real time if you wished to, and write a blog about it, and take photos of your ever-increasing tummy, but I think in SL, having to wait a whole 9 months would be too tedious.

They say that one day in Second Life is the equivalent of 2 weeks in real time, so I guess a reasonable amount of time to be pregnant would be in relation to this.

And if you and your partner get bored halfway through, you can always roleplay abandoning the prim baby on the doorstep of a kindly neighbour (ie one with no autoreturn on their land)

The possibilities are only limited by the imaginations of you and your partner.

Have fun! That's the main thing.

Depending how far you want to take it, you might want to check out some of the various maternity type huds available. I don't know about all of them, but I do know a popluar one  will track the days for you and they have a support group.  There are a number of "clinics" that offer maternity services and/or packages. Lots and lots of furniture, clothing, and other items to add to your role place experience.  It all depends on how heavily you and yours wish to become involved in the adventure.

As far as going thru the motions, it is really up to you and your partner. 

Perrie Juran wrote:

I always find it odd that friends or family will pat or rub a woman's stomach and say, "Congratulations," but no one does that to the guys member and says, "Good job."

Hmm, I think you've just pointed out how sexist our society is toward men. 

In an effort to bring equality to our society, the next time I see a man who is an expectant father, I will make sure to give his crotch several nice pats and rubs, while saying, "Good job!" and "Congratulations!".    *beams*  

Since there are 4 sun cycles in a day, I time SL as one day is actually 4.  If you do the same with a pregnancy, it ends up being 2.25 months or 10 weeks roughly.  Since most marriages don't last that long, you may want to cut it shorter so you don't end up knocked up and without a mate with a welfare baby, being raised in a one parent household that eventually turns to drugs as they have no father figure and eventually becomes a pole dancer or gang banger. :P  lol

Marigold Devin wrote:

They say that one day in Second Life is the equivalent of 2 weeks in real time, so I guess a reasonable amount of time to be pregnant would be in relation to this.

Good Lord! that means I've been in SL for over 75 years! My av looked to be about 20 when I arrived, so that makes me nealry 96. In less than 4 months I'll be 100 years old.

Congratulations!  If you're looking to explore the role play there is something called Mama Allpa (I think it's a brand name) that has a hud you and partner can wear that will tell when you are "fertile" and there are people who role play as doctors and midwives that you can make appointments with and they have a whole lot of info about how to figure out how long to be pregnant and when to go into labor and all.  If I remember right it does take approximately 2 months to have an SL baby that way. Do a search inworld for Mama Allpa and you can learn all about it.  And remember there is no right or wrong way to do this, it's all up to you and your partner how you want to role play it. 

Celestiall Nightfire wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

I always find it odd that friends or family will pat or rub a woman's stomach and say, "Congratulations," but no one does that to the guys member and says, "Good job."

In an effort to bring equality to our society, the next time I see a man who is an expectant father, I will make sure to give his crotch several nice pats and rubs, while saying, "Good job!" and "Congratulations!".    *beams*  

I've never given a man's crotch a congratulations. I think I need to take a deep look at myself, examine these prejudices I never knew I had. In the meanwhile, I'll be on the lookout for productive members to make it up to :smileylol:

Congrats :D

I happen to be one who also enjoys that type or rp in my sl, it can be great fun. How long, what types of things you do(or, as some say, the lengths of rp you go to), are all individual choices. Different as each of us are, really. We went with an 8 week one, mostly because it was a rather convenient time frame. I'm not sure either of us would have been patient enough to wait 9 rl months, lol. We have twins(boy/girl). It really was a lot of fun, for both of us. I definitely agree with the tummy talker thing. Though I actually love mine, I make sure when I'm other places, I'm considerate of others. Or well, I was, lol. It's just a common courtesy thing though. None of my friends minded it, and most of the time during my sl pregnancy, we were with them, so it wasn't a big deal. But if I went other places, I usually turned it off.

Contact me inworld, nc, or even an IM, I'll get either, and the next time I login I'll send you a little something for yourself and your prim baby.

Chelsea Malibu wrote:

Since there are 4 sun cycles in a day, I time SL as one day is actually 4.  If you do the same with a pregnancy, it ends up being 2.25 months or 10 weeks roughly.  Since most marriages don't last that long, you may want to cut it shorter so you don't end up knocked up and without a mate with a welfare baby, being raised in a one parent household that eventually turns to drugs as they have no father figure and eventually becomes a pole dancer or gang banger. :P  lol

..or a griefer, God forbid.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Am I the only one that does this all the time anyway?

...Dres

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

...Dres

Just exactly how many children do you have?

Tracy Redangel wrote:

.....Oh, and also I would like to thank you on behalf of mysefl and a good number of SL residents for not using one of those talking stomachs....

Actually that set me thinking, I wonder if anyone's thought ot talking digestion system or perhaps a talking beer belly:smileyvery-happy:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

...Dres

Just exactly how many children do you have?

A touching song to be sure ~wipes a tear from her eye~

@Dres, you're a shining beacon to us all. The next time I see an expectant couple, I'll ask myself "What would Dresdon do?"  Every bulge is gonna get thoroughly congratulated from now on :smileytongue:

Perrie Juran wrote:

I'd rather call it puritan and repressive. We're (generally speaking) scared out of our wits to show or see genitals, while at the same time (and likely as a direct result) being obsessed by them. The US are worse in that than many other places (though some countries and cultures of course take it to extremes, considering any skin at all to be sexually arousing and banning its display.

The whole "nipplegate" affair is a primary example of that, a (I'll reserve judgment as to whether it was deliberate) mere 2-3 seconds of seeing someone's nipple on national television leading to lawsuits and legal proceedings lasting for years.

That kind of thing leads directly to the excesses we notice in virtual worlds like sl, where more than a few otherwise sane people walk around with genitals that are to say the least excessive in size. Those who have a more openminded attitude consider that gross, or at best laughable.

Of course were you to rub the woman's crotch rather than her tummy you'd probably get weird looks too :smileywink:

• 5 weeks later...

Well, we never pay the guy for it either, lol That kinda always seamed a little unfair to me. I mean it isn't even tax deductable for him. (well unless he sticks around but then that's TWO mouths to feed!)

And pats to daddy for good job can often lead to en encore performance.

The problem with tummy talkers to me is they are like any other scripted part. It might be a little interesting and fun the 1st time through the options but no matter how well written the little quips are, they quickly become stale. A tummy in and of itself talking is far less freaky to me than other parts. The 1st time I saw 'Peter' and 'Virginia' having a conversation in local chat, I about fell off my chair.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3163 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.