Environment settings

Chanelle Hoffnung

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4439 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

In LL Viewer version 3.8.2, Environment settings, where have the advanced sky and advanced Water windows/menus gone?In former versions they existed, but I did not use them! Now I want to use them to experiment with personal environment settings, they disappeared!

My viewer leaves me no other choice now than ticking a box to accept region settings, or ticking a box to accept preset settings. I have absolutely no choice allowing me to set my own settings with sliders a before.

ARRRRGH!

Can anyone hel meeee?

5 answers to this question

You have to use Environment Editor under the world menu. There  you can play with the day, water and sky presets.

Btw, it's amazing that V3 has so much LESS choices for fixed sky, water, etc.... than Firestorm has. You may like to give a try to this TPV.

PS: here's a link for Torley Linden's windlight settings add-ons.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/WindLight_settings

• Like 1

Thank you Valerie!

Actually , I understand from your answer that there is no way anymore, be it on Phoenix or V3, to tweak one's own environment settings to achieve personal special environment effects, as it was in the past. One can only choose between the region settings ( if any), or between uploaded ready-made settings, if I am correct.

This seems to me a HUGE step backwards! Is there another way to access to the advanced sky or water menus, with their atmosphere, lighting, clouds tabs, or is it absolutely impossible from now on? and is there anybody here who would wish to join me to ask Linden Labs to consider making it available again?

I'm sorry I cannot go inworld to check this into details at the moment Chanelle (I am at work, lol, *coughs*). I won't be able to login on V3 before 10:00 AM SLT. I will have a close look and come back to you. I think there is a way to create your own settings though but I cannot remember it right now. In the meantime hopefully someone else comes with a better answer for you. :-)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4439 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.