Missing builds- Help please?

Zuzu Beorn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4440 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok, this is weird but i've rebuilt my kitchen twice, both times adding to it to make it more suited for me.  And both times I've had to log out only to log back in to find my same old kitchen looking me in the face!  Also, things that I have laid out are now gone...can't even find them in my inventory.  What's going on?  Can some please help?

Thanks in advance,

Zuzu

The only way that I'm aware of where that can happen is when the sim is rolled back to a state it was in previously. It seems odd that it would happen twice though, especially since both times coincided with you redoing the kitchen.

Another thought occured to me as I was writing that. It's very possible to do things with objects in SL that aren't actually going to the server. It used to annoy me when I'd spend time making something, only to find that I'd silently lost the connected some time earlier and all my efforts were wasted. I don't think you can rez and remove stuff while silently disconnected though, so I don't think you could have updated your kitchen in that circumstance. I think you can move things - maybe.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4440 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.