Attach Skirt - Where

newsue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A few weeks back I posted a question about a problem I had editing a prim skirt. I had accidentally messed up the size and one thing led to another and eventually it was not wearable.

Well, following some good tips I used a pose stand and it is almost right BUT, when I start to walk to fit looks poor.

Where would the normal body position be for a skirt, pelvis, stomach, right or left hip.

I can't just substitute positions as the skirt itself then goes upside down :(

Sue

Pixieplumb Flanagan wrote:

If the skirt is sculpted and high waisted it should attach to the right or left pec.

Oh, another two options :matte-motes-asleep-2:

It is fairly high waisted, flowing style about knee length.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Sue

Freya Mokusei wrote:

Pelvis is normal. Stomach is rarer but still possible!

And the flipping when attaching to a new point can be beaten by rotating the entire object in Edit =]

If you're looking for a better fit, try shorter skirts or mesh!

I've heard of mesh but what happens if other users don't have a mesh enabled viewer, how would it look.

Sue

newsue wrote:

I've heard of mesh but what happens if other users don't have a mesh enabled viewer, how would it look.

In my opinion, it does not matter. If someone is so outdated that uses a viewer that does not support meshes, he/she has a very huge problem using the actual SL. Most viewers today do not have trouble viewing meshes.

Irene Muni wrote:

newsue wrote:

In my
opinion,
it does not matter
If someone is
so outdated
that uses a
viewer
that does not support
meshes,
he/she has a very huge problem using the actual SL.
Most
viewers
today do not have
trouble viewing
meshes.

If you talk to people like myself who are not using Mesh Viewers it has nothing to do with being "outdated."  It has everything to do with performance issues that we have not been able to find a solution for.  I personally take a 75% drop in performance using a Mesh viewer.  We are not refusing to use Mesh Viewers.  We simply are not able to unless we just want to limp through SL.

We are a minority, but we are not an insignificant number.

Regarding the performance of mesh enabled viewers, the latest SL viewer, and the latest FS viewer seem to run a lot faster than the origianal mesh programe.  When I tried the first  mesh vieweres, I saw a big hit in FPS, the mesh viewers only got me about half the FPS as the non mesh.  (the SL or the Phoenix + mesh or the FS beta all sucked on my laptop).

But the 3.2 vesions of both SL and FS consistantly give me better FPS on my laptop than does the old premesh Phoenix 1.6.  Especially in a crowded sim, the newer viewers work better.   About 10% faster in an empty sim, about 30% faster in a crowded sim.  (on my universe of one laptop - your milage may vary)

So, if you tried mesh early on, and where put off by the performance hit, my advice it to try the latest viewers, they are substantially improved.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.