The resident who provided the previous content, if any, has replaced it with this generic statement.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3458 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Porky Gorky wrote:

Based on the amount of sims that went offline during Q4, I speculate that there will not be any more public economic reports.

A minor dip compared to the number of sims that were lost in 4Q08 and 1Q09.

LL is always late releasing the reports and each time people come up with some wild speculation as to why. I think it's just because LL is slow.

Well we haven't had a reduction to the total of Estate sims during the last 2 weeks ....so that's something to cheer about.

Maybe we've reached the trough...as it seems to have stabilized. In Jan the SL Grid made a net lost of 570 sims....so far in February the net lost is only 85 sims.

The root of LL's problems and thus SL...are the bad retention rates they've historically always had. They get enough new accounts signed-up daily (that part is working!)...but just can't seem to improve those % retention rates. The 2nd big problem, which is now coming back to haunt them....are their Tier pricing models, which makes It really an expensive form of entertainment once you get into wanting your own homeland. (or business)

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

Rolig Loon wrote:

Speculators are what got the economy into this mess. I refuse to speculate.

Okay Rolig.   I understand how you feel.  I'd like to ask one favor though.  Please theorize a little.  I think PudgyPaddy is going to.  I'm sure it's no fun to theorize alone.

I don't think this calls for anything as profound as a theory. but I will go halfway and offer a hypothesis.  I have had to create status reports too many times to mention, and they are no fun.  My hypothesis is that whoever is responsible for preparing the report for LL has found a much better way to spend his time, and is off doing it.  Some trainee will end up Xeroxing the last report, fudging a few numbers, and filing it instead.

Whatever the report is it wont mean much to you average sl user  who is like myself probably sick of not being able to afford tiers or sell land at a decent price. Lindens will see the map resembling an enormous bowl of custard before they take the obvious move of reducing tiers and upping free land allowances.   

Still Im sure Lindens will be able to come up with a few freebies...how about that Wooden horse of Troy I see trundling along the Linden highway....but then I always beware of Lindens bearing gifts....

I think the report will show less investment in Second Life.

I think that Second Life offers people visual rewards, mental rewards.  I think that the rewards offered would be most effective if they were offered in a more susteinable way.

I think it would be interesting to take a class in Second Life.  I think some fun classes would be fashion design.

I think that Second Life data for specific kinds of clothing designs could be used to simulate the real world designs and help marketers test products.  But it would be pretty limited in terms of types of products tested.  They would predominantly have to be luxury items or "form" based, since non social needs are pretty much eliminated.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3458 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.