Viewer crashing at startup

Alien Carnell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4441 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

OK guys before you tell me to use the search I've done everything other people said, clear the cache, reinstall, update drivers etc etc.

The thing is, SL worked fine today on this laptop, but all the textures were purple so I updated my graphic driver and after updating adn restarting PC the viewer started crashing after ''initializying VPS'' thing. I uninstalled, deleted both cache in Local and Roaming, reinstalled multiple time and it still crashes. I really don't know what to do at this point :S Also rolling back drivers from Device Manager is not working, the option is not englighed :S

Also here's my system

Window 7 home Premium (64 bit)

Gateway (Nodeml NV59)

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU Dual 2.13ghz

4GB ram

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650

1 answer to this question

Hello

Welcome to the club. I have had the same problem a month ago. I resolved it by disintalling sl and the driver of the video card. Then reinstall the original driver for the video card and reintalled sl and it worked. howerver 2 days ago i emptied cache using advance seting in sl and bang, vfs initialization  crash again. This time the above cure does not work and i have no clue how to get this fixed now. I would like to get in touch  with SL for technical help but dont know how to get a hold of anybody there. A very annoying problem. You literally have to buy a new comp to make it work again.  Clearly there is a relation between cache and video driver. Gota desk top with 4.00gb ram, 9800 nvdia video card, hp dual core 3800+ processor amd athlon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4441 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.