Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
volunteervic

Its always a good idea to look before you proposition.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2835 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

I don't like to be confused late at night. But this confused me. This person's profile is insane... For a child avi?? What was the purpose of the post to begin with? Again, I hate to be confused.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How naive you are. There is a reason why most people see the abuse of a child as a cross of borders that should not be crossed. People who feel fine with that and seek such roleplay seem to have somekind of serious problem.

1.) Movies dealing with child abuse in any form don't have the intention to entertain because of the abuse itself. There is mostly a lot story around and there are other things in focus instead of the abuse itself, which isn't shown in an explicit way. You talking about child actors being forced to take part in those movies is dumb....do you really think they play the abuse exactly as it would be in the real world? Every movie that is different form that is mostly illegal stuff......I worry about what you watched in the past to get such a weird point of view.

2.) Like others already said, rape in roleplay is not everyones taste. I don't like it too and would never take part in such rp. But for me there is a difference between childavatars and normal avatars. A fantasy between adults is one thing, but pulling children into such fantasies is more than just weird.

 

So, do you think there is a healthy minded normal person behind the avatar torturing your childavi?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perrie Juran wrote:

You know, the only reason i haven't filed a JIRA yet....

The JIRA is for technical/platform issues with SL, not lifestyle/residents/cultural problems. Your best recourse in case of problems with a resident is to AR.

Editted for wording. =]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

volunteervic wrote
Also, I don't regard BDSM as synonymous with sexplay. I know many people who play BDSM games choose to add a sexual component alongside their BDSM but it strikes me as irrational to assume that someone is interested in sexplay just because that person is into BDSM. It strikes me as even more irrational to assume that someone is interested in sexplay just because that person enjoys activities that are sometimes also enjoyed by BDSM players.


Welcome to the world of SL stereotyping... where people who can't think outside their own limited exposure find "ZOMG" offense to non-offensive things, and is purely due to uninformed assumptions and imagined connections they fabricate within their own heads. As far as I'm concerned, the people who stereotype others like this watch far too many soap operas and 'reality' TV shows, and in turn see drama and confict at every corner, even when none actually exist. Absolutely you're going to cross peoples delicate sensabilities with a scenario like this, but the fact remains that if there's no sex in your play then THEY.. repeat.. THEY need to get over being butthurt about it, not you. I commend you on being honest and forthcoming about the issue, and having the maturity to talk about it without the whole "pointing of fingers" that is on display elsewhere in this thread. I say fix the misleading things in your profile, and after that it's not your issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Dana Hickman wrote:


volunteervic wrote
Also, I don't regard BDSM as synonymous with sexplay. I know many people who play BDSM games choose to add a sexual component alongside their BDSM but it strikes me as irrational to assume that someone is interested in sexplay just because that person is into BDSM. It strikes me as even more irrational to assume that someone is interested in sexplay just because that person enjoys activities that are sometimes also enjoyed by BDSM players.


Welcome to the world of SL stereotyping... where people who can't think outside their own limited exposure find "ZOMG" offense to non-offensive things, and is purely due to uninformed assumptions and imagined connections they fabricate within their own heads. As far as I'm concerned, the people who stereotype others like this watch far too many soap operas and 'reality' TV shows, and in turn see drama and confict at every corner, even when none actually exist. Absolutely you're going to cross peoples delicate sensabilities with a scenario like this, but the fact remains that if there's no sex in your play then THEY.. repeat..
THEY
need to get over being butthurt about it, not you. I commend you on being honest and forthcoming about the issue, and having the maturity to talk about it without the whole "pointing of fingers" that is on display elsewhere in this thread. I say fix the misleading things in your profile, and after that it's not your issue.

I don't think my responses to this have anything to do with being butthurt or having my 'delicate' sensibilities offended.  While I may personally find some things offensive I still very much allow for it being "Your World, Your Imagination."   Personally I have explored a lot of activities in SL but also personally there are activities I don't engage in.

There are people who'd like to see all forms of BDSM banned from SL.  I sure don't agree with this viewpoint either.  But any discussion of what may or may not be acceptable behavior can be a difficult judgement to make.  You stated above, "but the fact remains that if there's no sex in your play then THEY.. repeat.. THEY need to get over being butthurt about it."  Why is the one behavior OK but the other not?  After all, they do both happen in RL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Syo Emerald wrote:

How naive you are. There is a reason why most people see the abuse of a child as a cross of borders that should not be crossed. People who feel fine with that and seek such roleplay seem to have somekind of serious problem.

1.) Movies dealing with child abuse in any form don't have the intention to entertain because of the abuse itself. There is mostly a lot story around and there are other things in focus instead of the abuse itself, which isn't shown in an explicit way. You talking about child actors being forced to take part in those movies is dumb....do you really think they play the abuse exactly as it would be in the real world? Every movie that is different form that is mostly illegal stuff......I worry about what you watched in the past to get such a weird point of view.

2.) Like others already said, rape in roleplay is not everyones taste. I don't like it too and would never take part in such rp. But for me there is a difference between childavatars and normal avatars. A fantasy between adults is one thing, but pulling children into such fantasies is more than just weird.

 

So, do you think there is a healthy minded normal person behind the avatar torturing your childavi?

 

1.) Examples of movies and TV shows with storylines similar to my past roleplay storylines:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empire_of_the_Sun_(film)

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ransom_(1996_film)

 

Multiple episodes of crime dramas like Law and Order, CSI, etc with my roleplay seen more from from the perspective of the perpetrators and victims than the investigators and lawyers.

Probably the best storyline I ever roleplayed took almost a year RL playing 10 to 20 hours a typical week in SL before my character was captured, tried and punished.

Sometimes I will roleplay a short abduction story when I don't have the time for a more subtantial story but even then there is still at least a brief story.

2.) Sexual roleplay, including rape roleplay, is not to my taste. Even when I put on a grownup av, my limit against sexplay stays and I avoid or ignore the sexplay of other people.

With the exception of some people I no longer roleplay with, the out-of-character words and deeds of my roleplay partners are consistent with what I would expect of sufficiently healthy-minded people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dana Hickman wrote:

...I commend you on being honest and forthcoming about the issue, and having the maturity to talk about it without the whole "pointing of fingers" that is on display elsewhere in this thread. I say fix the misleading things in your profile, and after that it's not your issue.

Thank you for the commendation. I agree that my profile is unintentionally misleading. V2 will hopefully be better. I'm concerned that if I change it during this conversation, I will appear to be covering something up. Maybe I'll change it anyway to avoid prompting more confusion. I'll decide later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Volunteervic,

I appreciate what you said with the Temple Grandin quote, and I'm assuming you perhaps have Aspergers? As it stands now your profile is confusing and disturbing to the bourgeoisie. Combining the fact that you play a child av with the fact that you like to rp nonsexual BDSM in the same paragraph is very scary to many people. They have a knee jerk reaction to anything suggesting harming a child. 

The way your profile is written now suggests very strongly that you are interested in breaking the taboo against harming children. I don't believe that was your intent. I agree with the person who suggested that you put your role play prefs in a pick and describe your av as a child in your about section with emphasis that you you are not interested in sex rp there.

I'm sorry that you triggered the anti-child brigade.  They have trouble distinguishing between rp-ing a child av and actually being a child.The fact is that rp-ing violent situations is not the same as doing those things in RL.  Nor is there any evidence of a causal relationship between fantasy role-play and reality. And there are valid reasons for arguing that fantasy role play can be therapeutic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i really don't know what the deal is if you are into this or what..it really doesn't matter to me..

i know there are all kinds of rp in sl and i know there are lots of child avatars that rp in adult sims that it is not sexual rp but a more realistic type..either way..

your profile itself may get you into trouble..

mainly because the things you describe in it fall under adult rating and advertising..and being a child avatar..it may end up having you get banned if someone were to AR you for it..

i'm not judging  you but just giving you a heads up..

because adult does not mean just sex..and profiles are allowed to be only G rated ..you are setting yourself up for a ban by someone..

there are a lot of people that give any child avatars a hard time that are not even into rough rp like you..

it's only a matter of time before they end up finding you and ARing you and LL seeing your profile and believing them..

because i doubt they would believe otherwise..they will take the safest route and  not give an ear to an excuse..because it does cut very close if not overboard on soundoing like a kink more than an rp of someone not  into a kink..

either way it falls under adult rating ..and putting child avatar and adult things in the same profile..

just saying ..you are setting yourself up for the child avatar hunters..

no matter if your profile says no sexuality or not..the violence is there..and torture..and thats all they need to go on for makign it adult..because you are advertising it as a  child avatar to the public..

just letting you know..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your argumentation leads to the point where the question comes up, why sex with childavatars is then not allowed. You can say the same things about any stuff not containing real children, no matter if its animated or drawn stuff or like in this case an avatar. You see the point?

His profile is written like he does nothing else than searching for roleplay to let his fictional charakter get tortured in every possible way. I don't see where that is better than any sexual content. The way he wrote it sounds more like the discription of a kink and not the expression of a real interest in roleplay itself. There might be a little story around it....but oh well...you can say that too about a lot porn movies.

And I also can't say it sound like a therapeutic case. Really.....his only arguments are that there are TV shows with violence and he doesn't harm a real child. Well......there must be something wrong if someone compares this roleplay to the job of an paid actor for a TV show!If someone needs therapeutic things, he should go offline and search for some therapeut in the real world.

Also this as nothing to do with being against childavatars in generel. I don't mind if people want to run around as them, but I find it pretty disgusting living out some adult fantasies with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Syo Emerald wrote:

Your argumentation leads to the point where the question comes up, why sex with childavatars is then not allowed. You can say the same things about any stuff not containing real children, no matter if its animated or drawn stuff or like in this case an avatar. You see the point?

I agree with you
.

His profile is written like he does nothing else than searching for roleplay to let his fictional charakter get tortured in every possible way. I don't see where that is better than any sexual content. The way he wrote it sounds more like the discription of a kink and not the expression of a real interest in roleplay itself. There might be a little story around it....but oh well...you can say that too about a lot porn movies.

I also agree that he wrote it very poorly. 

And I also can't say it sound like a therapeutic case. Really.....his only arguments are that there are TV shows with violence and he doesn't harm a real child. Well......there must be something wrong if someone compares this roleplay to the job of an paid actor for a TV show!If someone needs therapeutic things, he should go offline and search for some therapeut in the real world.

He did not mention seeking a therapeutic result from his roleplay.  He did not attempt to explain why he likes what he likes at all.

Also this as nothing to do with being against childavatars in generel. I don't mind if people want to run around as them, but I find it pretty disgusting living out some adult fantasies with them.

Many people share your opinon.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your argumentation leads to the point where the question comes up, why sex with childavatars is then not allowed.


Quoted for truth and end of story.

This person has found a tiny crevice in the firewall where the restrictions are blurry and he can indulge himself with child-torture rp thinking he has some legal leverage. Who on Earth cares? He represents a minority of maybe 5 people that enjoy child torture without gettinga aroused (and in fact I don't believe this for a second), and because of this the whole of SL must endure an endless discussion and possible bad press. It would take an army of lawyers years to distinguish his activities from that what is illegal.

Just ban physical abuse along with sexual abuse of children in SL and let's move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


DanielNX wrote:


Your argumentation leads to the point where the question comes up, why sex with childavatars is then not allowed.


Quoted for truth and end of story.

This person has found a tiny crevice in the firewall where the restrictions are blurry and he can indulge himself with child-torture rp thinking he has some legal leverage. Who on Earth cares? He represents a minority of maybe 5 people that enjoy child torture without gettinga aroused (and in fact I don't believe this for a second), and because of this the whole of SL must endure an endless discussion and possible bad press. It would take an army of lawyers years to distinguish his activities from that what is illegal.

Just ban physical abuse along with sexual abuse of children in SL and let's move on.

There is a SL grid ban on sexplay with child avs because the Lindens chose to ban it. I think they made that choice mainly because they wanted to avoid violating child porn laws in places they want to do business. Community wishes probably played a part too. Sexplay with my avatars, child avatar and not child avatar, is disallowed by me because I chose to ban it for me. The reason for my personal ban on sexplay is that I don't like sexplay. That reason alone is sufficient reason why I won't do sexplay.

There is nothing blurry about the legality of my roleplay as it pertains to the current TOS. I''d be suprised if the Linden's didn't consult at least a squad-sized or maybe a fireteam-sized group of lawyers when writing the current TOS. An "army of lawyers" seems excessive for the purpose of making TOS conform to applicable RL law.

http://secondlife.com/corporate/tos.php#tos8

http://secondlife.com/corporate/cs.php

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Clarification_of_policy_disallowing_ageplay

The "endless discussion and possible bad press" could be avoided if people would simply ignore and avoid the legally permitted activities that offend them and do not involve nonconsenting persons. This is especially true when the activities are pursued by a "minority".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


kattatonia Wickentower wrote:

Volunteervic,

I appreciate what you said with the Temple Grandin quote, and I'm assuming you perhaps have Aspergers? As it stands now your profile is confusing and disturbing to the bourgeoisie. Combining the fact that you play a child av with the fact that you like to rp nonsexual BDSM in the same paragraph is very scary to many people. They have a knee jerk reaction to anything suggesting harming a child. 

The way your profile is written now suggests very strongly that you are interested in breaking the taboo against harming children. I don't believe that was your intent. I agree with the person who suggested that you put your role play prefs in a pick and describe your av as a child in your about section with emphasis that you you are not interested in sex rp there.

I'm sorry that you triggered the anti-child brigade.  They have trouble distinguishing between rp-ing a child av and actually being a child.The fact is that rp-ing violent situations is not the same as doing those things in RL.  Nor is there any evidence of a causal relationship between fantasy role-play and reality. And there are valid reasons for arguing that fantasy role play can be therapeutic.

 

kattatonia,

I do have Asperger's and that is probably why I have such trouble understanding and being understood by other people.

I've implemented some of the suggested changes in version 1.9 of my profile. I acknowledge that my original profile failed to adequately describe my roleplay activities. I think, in my haste, I provided enough detail to be confusing but not enough to be clear. As a result, some people who tend to fill in details based on their fears and prejudices jumped to conclusions unsupportable by the available information and became unnecessarily disturbed. I have great difficulty anticipating such emotion-based reactions because I approach most things in a very analytical and unemotional way. I've been trying to improve my ability to select appropriate levels of detail and anticipate such emotional reactions but I have a long way to go.

I had to resist my Aspergian inclination to respond "Why are you apologizing? You didn't do anything wrong to me." when you said "I'm sorry that you triggered the anti-child brigade." I learned a while ago that the word "sorry" is sometimes used in expressions of sympathy. Your expression of sympathy is appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Ceka Cianci wrote:

i really don't know what the deal is if you are into this or what..it really doesn't matter to me..

i know there are all kinds of rp in sl and i know there are lots of child avatars that rp in adult sims that it is not sexual rp but a more realistic type..either way..

your profile itself may get you into trouble..

mainly because the things you describe in it fall under adult rating and advertising..and being a child avatar..it may end up having you get banned if someone were to AR you for it..

i'm not judging  you but just giving you a heads up..

because adult does not mean just sex..and profiles are allowed to be only G rated ..you are setting yourself up for a ban by someone..

there are a lot of people that give any child avatars a hard time that are not even into rough rp like you..

it's only a matter of time before they end up finding you and ARing you and LL seeing your profile and believing them..

because i doubt they would believe otherwise..they will take the safest route and  not give an ear to an excuse..because it does cut very close if not overboard on soundoing like a kink more than an rp of someone not  into a kink..

either way it falls under adult rating ..and putting child avatar and adult things in the same profile..

just saying ..you are setting yourself up for the child avatar hunters..

no matter if your profile says no sexuality or not..the violence is there..and torture..and thats all they need to go on for makign it adult..because you are advertising it as a  child avatar to the public..

just letting you know..

 

 

Thanks for the heads-up. By the time I was able to thoroughly read your post, I had already updated my profile and I think the problems you identified were fixed during my effort to make my profile more clear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say.........all your stuff about being a child avi and rightly declining any sexual roleplay is slightly undone when I see that you display a group that promotes slavery and a group that promotes spanking. So even though these groups profess to be 'non sexual' slavery and spanking............I think most people would find even that somewhat disturbing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I checked and see that you must have changed your wording your profile...as someone who was abused as a child, I do not condone the tourture or likeness of abuse to a child. It is against the law in every state in my country and any form of child abuse be it real or virtual is sickening. That is coming from me, who is making assumptions based on what the other commenters have said (I drew my conclusions from them) I did not get a chance to see the original wording of the profile. Child sexplay, or child abuse should not be tolerable as it leads people to believe that these types of actions are okay. Rape, child abuse, things of the sort should not be tolerated and looked at as a way of one's expressing themselves in a virtual world. It can lead to the realworld...It is not okay to play a child that likes the abuse, because please name ONE child that likes to be abused.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think children like to be abused, but as stated above before, I can see where it can be thereputic.  Or perhaps someone realizes now as an adult, that being spanked as a child is what lent them to like being spanked now.  Perhaps reliving trigger scenarios like that is what they are after.

 

I do not condone child abuse either, but see that fully grown adults have the right to choose their roleplay.  At least SL is not RL and provides a safe outlet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Dahlia Endsleigh wrote:

I checked and see that you must have changed your wording your profile...as someone who was abused as a child, I do not condone the tourture or likeness of abuse to a child. It is against the law in every state in my country and any form of child abuse be it real or virtual is sickening. That is coming from me, who is making assumptions based on what the other commenters have said (I drew my conclusions from them) I did not get a chance to see the original wording of the profile. Child sexplay, or child abuse should not be tolerable as it leads people to believe that these types of actions are okay. Rape, child abuse, things of the sort should not be tolerated and looked at as a way of one's expressing themselves in a virtual world. It can lead to the realworld...It is not okay to play a child that likes the abuse, because please name ONE child that likes to be abused.

 

Dahlia,

Thank you for acknowledging that you drew assumptions based on what others have said. Yes, I did change my profile. The original profile didn't adequately convey the distinction between enjoying roleplaying as an abused child character and enjoying being an abused child. I thought the distinction was clear at the time I wrote the original profile but I was wrong.

None of my roleplay stories condone abuse. Abuse is depicted as evil in my roleplays and is not depicted as fun for the abused. In my roleplays, the abuser character is a villain. All good vs evil fiction requires both heros and villains, whether the fiction is expressed in the form of a TV show, book, roleplay, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you draw the line between SL and RL to clear. We see it everytime, when drama comes up, when SL-only partnerships turn into RL ones...in good or bad ways. Roleplay of child abuse in any form is there for a dangerous topic. You can never really be sure if those fantasies stay in the virtual world, you never know the person you are meeting here. They can be just roleplayers who see it as one tiny part of their roleplay story.....but it could be someone who enjoys especially this part...maybe just tries to have it as a big main part.

RL criminals often are just thinking about it....some later act it out.

And as long as this risk is present....I would not say its something to tolerate, no matter if its only virtual. I know its up to LL to make clear rules, but my opinion is that every user should ask themself if its ok to hide behind the mask of looking away and beliving everyone should do their own thing. Like I said before SL is not a place for selftherapy and especially an adult shoult no were healty boundaries are.

You don't condone child abuse? Than don't say its up to an adult to do it in a "roleplay" setting.

Please note that I don't say this guy here is one of these men, but if he is a true roleplayer, he should have more to love about roleplaying itself and won't die inside just because one possible way is not a good one to walk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have IM then better be honest enough of your profile so people online will know how to deal with you. Yes, I hate people who asks if I'm horny, or ask me to do something beyond my preference. But generally those who keeps online with IM are usually looking for relationship and partners.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

/me waves at Rosebanks123

You've been having a busy day.

Another thread necroposted - this one was from February 2012.

Not against the law, but a little misleading at times (to necropost I mean).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2835 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...