Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
volunteervic

Its always a good idea to look before you proposition.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2868 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

My usual inworld av is a little boy and I clearly state in my profile that I have a limit against sexual RP. So I was suprised to get this IM

[2012/02/20 06:13]  someone: are you horny ??

My first thought was this person was a noob who didn't know better but when I checked her profile I saw she had an avatar age approaching 2000 days. Then I remembered I had no self-portrait in my profile. I checked my radar and this person was nowhere in range. So, I politely responded with

[2012/02/20 06:14]  volunteervic Resident: no, you can't see me, can you?

She responded

[2012/02/20 06:16]  someone: lol okies....

Thinking she now understood that I wasn't interested in sexplay, I responded

[2012/02/20 06:17]  volunteervic Resident: ok. no harm done. Have fun. bye.

At this point I didn't tell her I was wearing a child av because I didn't want to make things any more awkward.

A little while later, she IMed me again:

[2012/02/20 06:26]  someone: are you male ??

To which I replied

[2012/02/20 06:27]  volunteervic Resident: yes but i'm a little boy av.
[2012/02/20 06:28]  volunteervic Resident: ((Also, I have a hard limit against sex play.))

After a few minutes of silence, I decided to make certain she understood. We had the following IM exchange.

[2012/02/20 06:35]  volunteervic Resident: Any more questions?
[2012/02/20 06:36]  someone: NO
[2012/02/20 06:36]  volunteervic Resident: np. no harm done. Have fun. bye.

 

I'm as certain as I can be that she wasn't trying to find a child av to engage in sexual ageplay. I think she IMed me from my Search listing without actually seeing me inworld. Fortunately, this potentially dangerous situation ended with no harm and no Abuse Reports. It could easily have ended differently. The moral of the story: look at someone inworld before you proposition them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm certainly not favorably disposed to the people who IM folks randomly from Search, asking for sex.  But the moral of your story could just as well be, "Describe yourself clearly in your profile and include a picture"!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Lindal Kidd wrote:

I'm certainly not favorably disposed to the people who IM folks randomly from Search, asking for sex.  But the moral of your story could just as well be, "Describe yourself clearly in your profile and include a picture"!

 

I agree that both a good description and a good profile picture are very important. If my profile had been more developed, I probably would have taken greater offense at the proposition. Also, I clearly stated in my profile that I had a limit against sexplay. Not only did this person not look at me inworld, she also apparently didn't look past the groups listing on the first page of my profile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She may have thought your reference to ageplay meant you were not interested in younger girls (or boys).

Still, belonging to any group that has any hint of sexual activity is a sure way to get the occasional unsolicited IM's from people who seem incapable of reading a profile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You definitely need a picture.  One thing I noticed was that your 'about' profile section is ambiguous.  You mention all kinds of things you 'like' that most people associate with BDSM, but say No sexualized roleplay.  Some people may take that more as a challenge than anything.  I suggest you leave the no sex on the first page, and put a RP Limits tab in your picks that only says what you will NOT do.  It may not stop it completely,but it should make it rarer.  Of course I'd also AR anyone that solicited you if they can see your a child avi, as its against TOS.

Sometimes people are just weird.  I get random IM's like guys surfing people search that are much more direct and leave no doubt what they want, even though my profile is mostly all business and clearly states I'm taken   It always creeps me out.  Even if I were 'looking' it still would.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you brought this on yourself.

Your profile combined with a child avatar is kind of disturbing.  After the phlogging, spanking and what not talk, I don't think the no sexual rp remark is cutting it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the fact in mind that you are a childavatar this is one of the weirdest and creepiest profiles I have ever seen. And I must say...I can understand that the other person thought you are interested in sex, cause well...you seem to favor some things that are conected to bdsm.

So you enjoy playing a child who gets tortured in various ways? :matte-motes-sick:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Completely freaked me out too.  You say no Sexual RP as a child avi but the reality is, if you are child avi, you need to be banned.

You like to play a kid and get abused????? What kind of freak are you?? I too read your profile and it's very disturbing.  It takes a lot to shock most of us here and you have clearly done this. Sexual abuse RP with Adults I understand as a fantasy but as a child, ANY type of abuse, whether sexual or otherwise is clearly unacceptable.

Why did you even come here to post? Are you just looking for attention?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Chelsea Malibu wrote:

Completely freaked me out too.  You say no Sexual RP as a child avi but the reality is, if you are child avi, you need to be banned.

You like to play a kid and get abused????? What kind of freak are you?? I too read your profile and it's very disturbing.  It takes a lot to shock most of us here and you have clearly done this. Sexual abuse RP with Adults I understand as a fantasy but as a child, ANY type of abuse, whether sexual or otherwise is clearly unacceptable.

Why did you even come here to post? Are you just looking for attention?

I know that there are some extreme forms of role play in SL, some of which I don't understand and some of which I find personally revolting but I allow leeway for it being an individuals choice what they want to do.  But I agree that this goes to far.

I am tempted to start a JIRA requesting this type of activity be added to the list of unacceptable behavior in SL but is saying that I find it morally reprehensible a good enough reason?  Personally I find abuse of any kind unacceptable.  It just simply makes me ill.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would support that JIRA and I'm sure many others would do that too. If we break it to the basic the already existing rules are also based on moral feelings, cause childavatars are always a kind of roleplay. Also for the case of abuse there is no sexual content needed. Torturing a child can also be seen as a form of abuse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

You definitely need a picture.  One thing I noticed was that your 'about' profile section is ambiguous.  You mention all kinds of things you 'like' that most people associate with BDSM, but say No sexualized roleplay.  Some people may take that more as a challenge than anything.  I suggest you leave the no sex on the first page, and put a RP Limits tab in your picks that only says what you will NOT do.  It may not stop it completely,but it should make it rarer.  Of course I'd also AR anyone that solicited you if they can see your a child avi, as its against TOS.

Sometimes people are just weird.  I get random IM's like guys surfing people search that are much more direct and leave no doubt what they want, even though my profile is mostly all business and clearly states I'm taken   It always creeps me out.  Even if I were 'looking' it still would.

 

I probably should have placed my no sexplay limit before my list of enjoyed activities. On my other accounts, I have separate Picks for limits and likes. I'll continue that practice in version 2 of my profile for this account. Also, as you suggest, I'll keep a mention of my limit against sexplay in my About section. As for a picture, I'll add one when my avatar's appearance becomes more settled. The profile that I have now was just something I put together quickly to get the account started and is not up to my usual standard.

When I read my list of likes as if I'm reading something someone else has written, I don't see an obvious BDSM association. I know that the listed activities are sometimes involved in BDSM but I also know that the very same activities occur in many nonBDSM contexts. Also, I don't regard BDSM as synonymous with sexplay. I know many people who play BDSM games choose to add a sexual component alongside their BDSM but it strikes me as irrational to assume that someone is interested in sexplay just because that person is into BDSM. It strikes me as even more irrational to assume that someone is interested in sexplay just because that person enjoys activities that are sometimes also enjoyed by BDSM players.

I also know that I don't think like most people think and this has caused me problems when trying to understand other people and when trying to be understood by other people. Other people often see meanings and intentions in my words and deeds they consider obvious but that don't exist. Meanings and intentions that do exist in my words and deeds often go unrecognized or misidentified by other people. To borrow a phrase from Temple Grandin,  I often feel like an "anthropologist from Mars".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Perrie Juran wrote:


Chelsea Malibu wrote:

Completely freaked me out too.  You say no Sexual RP as a child avi but the reality is, if you are child avi, you need to be banned.

You like to play a kid and get abused????? What kind of freak are you?? I too read your profile and it's very disturbing.  It takes a lot to shock most of us here and you have clearly done this. Sexual abuse RP with Adults I understand as a fantasy but as a child, ANY type of abuse, whether sexual or otherwise is clearly unacceptable.

Why did you even come here to post? Are you just looking for attention?

I know that there are some extreme forms of role play in SL, some of which I don't understand and some of which I find personally revolting but I allow leeway for it being an individuals choice what they want to do.  But I agree that this goes to far.

I am tempted to start a JIRA requesting this type of activity be added to the list of unacceptable behavior in SL but is saying that I find it morally reprehensible a good enough reason?  Personally I find abuse of any kind unacceptable.  It just simply makes me ill.

 

The "I find abuse of any kind unacceptable.  It just simply makes me ill" part of Perrie Juran's position, taken literally, makes more sense to me than many other arguments I've heard. I also find real abuse of real people repugnant. However, roleplayed abuse is no more real abuse than a murder depicted on the TV show Law and Order is a real murder. My avatar, bleeding and bound on the floor, is no more a real corpse than a corpse on the morgue table in Law and Order is a real corpse. All are make-believe.

Perrie Juran, do you think that all roleplayed abuse scenarios should prohibited or just the ones involving child avs?  Some roleplay is meant to approximate parts of the real world and, in parts of the real world, bad things happen to children at least as often as bad things happen to adults. Also, some roleplay based on fictional universes would require too much suspension of belief to enjoy if child characters received excessive special protections.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Chelsea Malibu wrote:

Completely freaked me out too.  You say no Sexual RP as a child avi but the reality is, if you are child avi, you need to be banned.

You like to play a kid and get abused????? What kind of freak are you?? I too read your profile and it's very disturbing.  It takes a lot to shock most of us here and you have clearly done this. Sexual abuse RP with Adults I understand as a fantasy but as a child, ANY type of abuse, whether sexual or otherwise is clearly unacceptable.

Why did you even come here to post? Are you just looking for attention?

Roleplay is interactive fiction. Participating in a roleplay is like playing a character in a movie. Are child actors who enjoy playing abused child characters in movies freaks?

I posted the original post in this thread to share an experience I thought would be interesting to some people. A secondary reason for starting the thread was to give an anecdotal reason for pause to the people who IM sexual solicitations without looking at the person they're soliciting. Most people, including myself, who post to forums are usually trying to communicate. Communication requires, among other things, the sending and receiving of a message. A message won't be received if the receiver isn't paying attention. So, in that sense, I'm looking for attention. So are most people who post to forums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


volunteervic wrote:


....child actors who enjoy playing abused child characters in movies  .....

Yes, we all know they enjoy that don't we?

Hmmm, actually I stopped reading there, no need for further comment.

My point with posting is simply: why don't Linden Labs once and for all ban the use (and abuse) of chil avatars. I can count the number of times I have seen a child avatar on one hand. I have seen more people naked in the street. CLEARLY it is a very tiny minority that enjoys playing a child, and i bet many of them have motives akin to this person.

So why LL contiues to let child abuse in SL create bad press for them i cannot understand. Just stop it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


volunteervic wrote:


Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

You definitely need a picture.  One thing I noticed was that your 'about' profile section is ambiguous.  You mention all kinds of things you 'like' that most people associate with BDSM, but say No sexualized roleplay.  Some people may take that more as a challenge than anything.  I suggest you leave the no sex on the first page, and put a RP Limits tab in your picks that only says what you will NOT do.  It may not stop it completely,but it should make it rarer.  Of course I'd also AR anyone that solicited you if they can see your a child avi, as its against TOS.

Sometimes people are just weird.  I get random IM's like guys surfing people search that are much more direct and leave no doubt what they want, even though my profile is mostly all business and clearly states I'm taken   It always creeps me out.  Even if I were 'looking' it still would.

 

I probably should have placed my no sexplay limit before my list of enjoyed activities. On my other accounts, I have separate Picks for limits and likes. I'll continue that practice in version 2 of my profile for this account. Also, as you suggest, I'll keep a mention of my limit against sexplay in my About section. As for a picture, I'll add one when my avatar's appearance becomes more settled. The profile that I have now was just something I put together quickly to get the account started and is not up to my usual standard.

When I read my list of likes as if I'm reading something someone else has written, I don't see an obvious BDSM association. I know that the listed activities are sometimes involved in BDSM but I also know that the very same activities occur in many nonBDSM contexts. Also, I don't regard BDSM as synonymous with sexplay. I know many people who play BDSM games choose to add a sexual component alongside their BDSM but it strikes me as irrational to assume that someone is interested in sexplay just because that person is into BDSM. It strikes me as even more irrational to assume that someone is interested in sexplay just because that person enjoys activities that are sometimes also enjoyed by BDSM players.

I also know that I don't think like most people think and this has caused me problems when trying to understand other people and when trying to be understood by other people. Other people often see meanings and intentions in my words and deeds they consider obvious but that don't exist. Meanings and intentions that do exist in my words and deeds often go unrecognized or misidentified by other people. To borrow a phrase from Temple Grandin,  I often feel like an "anthropologist from Mars".

While all that you say is true, there is still an large number of people that will always associate enjoying these activities with sex and RL abuse and feel that  'enjoying' it is sick and repugnant, especially for a child avi.  Maybe 'enjoy' was a poor choice of words in you description. I wouldn't be so specific either as to activities and perhaps change it to indicate the names or general themes of roleplay you do like.  You can always discuss more specific activities OCC when talking to another role player who understands them in the context of the specific non sexual roleplay or pass out a notecard to people with whom you engage in RP.

Since a profile is meant to be something that any of the public can read to find out more about you, it should be written with that in mind, otherwise you can expect to have to constantly deal with controversy when using these types of things in a profile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are talking like all those pedophiles..."Oh its just fiction" God damn it, you enjoy to look at a child getting tortured! Your statement about movies even prove it more that you are some kind of being that many people would call a freak. But I guess its senseless to tell you that an actor doesn't enjoy the fantasy about rapeing and torturing a child or someone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


volunteervic wrote:


Perrie Juran wrote:


Chelsea Malibu wrote:

Completely freaked me out too.  You say no Sexual RP as a child avi but the reality is, if you are child avi, you need to be banned.

You like to play a kid and get abused????? What kind of freak are you?? I too read your profile and it's very disturbing.  It takes a lot to shock most of us here and you have clearly done this. Sexual abuse RP with Adults I understand as a fantasy but as a child, ANY type of abuse, whether sexual or otherwise is clearly unacceptable.

Why did you even come here to post? Are you just looking for attention?

I know that there are some extreme forms of role play in SL, some of which I don't understand and some of which I find personally revolting but I allow leeway for it being an individuals choice what they want to do.  But I agree that this goes to far.

I am tempted to start a JIRA requesting this type of activity be added to the list of unacceptable behavior in SL but is saying that I find it morally reprehensible a good enough reason?  Personally I find abuse of any kind unacceptable.  It just simply makes me ill.

 

The "I find abuse of any kind unacceptable.  It just simply makes me ill" part of Perrie Juran's position, taken literally, makes more sense to me than many other arguments I've heard. I also find real abuse of real people repugnant. However, roleplayed abuse is no more real abuse than a murder depicted on the TV show
Law and Order 
is a real murder. My avatar, bleeding and bound on the floor, is no more a real corpse than a corpse on the morgue table in
Law and Order
is a real corpse
.
All are make-believe.

Perrie Juran, do you think that all roleplayed abuse scenarios should prohibited or just the ones involving child avs?  Some roleplay is meant to approximate parts of the real world and, in parts of the real world, bad things happen to children at least as often as bad things happen to adults. Also, some roleplay based on fictional universes would require too much suspension of belief to enjoy if child characters received excessive special protections.

A question at hand would be why would someone go out of their way to engage in such activity? 

I doubt very highly that any of us are ignorant of what goes on in RL and how sad and how sick it is.

I did a little looking at this stuff In World.  To quote from a profile of someone who is involved in this stuff:

"No sex play with or around kid avs. I'M CURRENTLY PLAYING AS A KID. THIS MEANS NO SEXPLAY WITH ME. I can and will do anything else with a kid av, within the kid av's limits, but I will not do anything sexual with or around a kid av. You'd be amazed at how cruel I can be without doing sex stuff.(my bolding)

Why would someone choose to go there in their brain?  This persons profile sounds a bit deeper than someone 'just engaging in roleplay.'  It sounds like they are seeking it.  It sounds like they are getting their jollies from it.  Is that acceptable behavior to you?

To compare this to portrayals in movies or on television doesn't fly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

since you posted on a public forum, you have opened yourself up to criticism for what you put on your profile. You stated that you play as a child, and you have listed in your profile that you like to be beaten. What makes you think people won't have a reaction to this? I don't think portraying a child being beaten and mistreated is any better than child sex play. Portraying child abuse is NOT OKAY!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Syo Emerald wrote:

You are talking like all those pedophiles..."Oh its just fiction" God damn it, you enjoy to look at a child getting tortured! Your statement about movies even prove it more that you are some kind of being that many people would call a freak. But I guess its senseless to tell you that an actor doesn't enjoy the fantasy about rapeing and torturing a child or someone else.

I never said actors enjoy fantasies about the rape and torture of children. I implied that some child actors enjoy playng child characters that are abused. There are reasons to enjoy playing such roles that have nothing to do with deviance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


DanielNX wrote:


volunteervic wrote:


....child actors who enjoy playing abused child characters in movies  .....

Yes, we all know they enjoy that don't we?

Hmmm, actually I stopped reading there, no need for further comment.

My point with posting is simply: why don't Linden Labs once and for all ban the use (and abuse) of chil avatars. I can count the number of times I have seen a child avatar on one hand. I have seen more people naked in the street. CLEARLY it is a very tiny minority that enjoys playing a child, and i bet many of them have motives akin to this person.

So why LL contiues to let child abuse in SL create bad press for them i cannot understand. Just stop it. 

Why do you think child actors take on a role? Since child actors are limited in their ability to spend their earnings, they probably don't do it for money. I also doubt that most are forced to act. That leaves fame and fun as motivations. Taking on a role they don't enjoy would not be fun.

Also, I've seen far more child avs than I've seen naked people in the street. Apparently, you and I walk different streets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A question at hand would be why would someone go out of their way to engage in such activity? 

I doubt very highly that any of us are ignorant of what goes on in RL and how sad and how sick it is.

I did a little looking at this stuff In World.  To quote from a profile of someone who is involved in this stuff:

"No sex play with or around kid avs. I'M CURRENTLY PLAYING AS A KID. THIS MEANS NO SEXPLAY WITH ME. I can and will do anything else with a kid av, within the kid av's limits, but I will not do anything sexual with or around a kid av.
You'd be amazed at how cruel I can be without doing sex stuff.
(my bolding)

Why would someone choose to go there in their brain?  This persons profile sounds a bit deeper than someone 'just engaging in roleplay.'  It sounds like they are seeking it.  It sounds like they are getting their jollies from it.  Is that acceptable behavior to you?

To compare this to portrayals in movies or on television doesn't fly. 

I think its important to remember that the quote Perrie Juran is giving did not come from my profile. Conclusions drawn from that quote may or may not be applicable to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


volunteervic wrote:

A question at hand would be why would someone go out of their way to engage in such activity? 

I doubt very highly that any of us are ignorant of what goes on in RL and how sad and how sick it is.

I did a little looking at this stuff In World.  To quote from a profile of someone who is involved in this stuff:

"No sex play with or around kid avs. I'M CURRENTLY PLAYING AS A KID. THIS MEANS NO SEXPLAY WITH ME. I can and will do anything else with a kid av, within the kid av's limits, but I will not do anything sexual with or around a kid av.
You'd be amazed at how cruel I can be without doing sex stuff.
(my bolding)

Why would someone choose to go there in their brain?  This persons profile sounds a bit deeper than someone 'just engaging in roleplay.'  It sounds like they are seeking it.  It sounds like they are getting their jollies from it.  Is that acceptable behavior to you?

To compare this to portrayals in movies or on television doesn't fly. 

I think its important to remember that the quote Perrie Juran is giving did not come from my profile. Conclusions drawn from that quote may or may not be applicable to me.

You know, the only reason i haven't filed a JIRA yet is I have an equally strong aversion to censoring anyone's chosen lifestyle in SL, no matter how strongly I may feel about it.  There are people who object to all kinds of things in Second Life regardless of whether they are benign or malevolent.  There are clubs that don't allow Furries.  I've had girls refuse to dance with my Martian Avatar. I would not get intimate with a girl who has "rape me please" as one of her groups.  Many things of this sort. 

If you were just talking about RP as a child slave, I could accept this.  Your clan gets captured by another clan and now you are forced to scrub floors all day long.  I'd have no trouble with this.  But when you talk about your Avatar, " bleeding and bound on the floor" we have now crossed a line.

And while maybe this is just some goofy acting to you, but then as you said, it may not be, how would you feel if you knew that the person behind the Avatar that left you bound and bleeding ejaculated in their pants while they did that to you?

Either your naivety or your hypocrisy is showing here or the one other possibility, that you are finding catharsis for things you dealt with as a child, which would be the only acceptable reason to me.

 

eta to correct wrong word choice.  replaced 'except' with 'accept.'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is clear that he didn't quote your profile, not that your credit could sink any lower here lol..

But before this turns into serious mobbing, I think the community should stop right here.

Was rape in general against TOS yet? I can't remember .. if it was, or if you feel like it.. maybe a JIRA would be in order here too actually..

I would sign it, I am not sure how to start one though.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Amethyst Jetaime wrote:


volunteervic wrote:


Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

You definitely need a picture.  One thing I noticed was that your 'about' profile section is ambiguous.  You mention all kinds of things you 'like' that most people associate with BDSM, but say No sexualized roleplay.  Some people may take that more as a challenge than anything.  I suggest you leave the no sex on the first page, and put a RP Limits tab in your picks that only says what you will NOT do.  It may not stop it completely,but it should make it rarer.  Of course I'd also AR anyone that solicited you if they can see your a child avi, as its against TOS.

Sometimes people are just weird.  I get random IM's like guys surfing people search that are much more direct and leave no doubt what they want, even though my profile is mostly all business and clearly states I'm taken   It always creeps me out.  Even if I were 'looking' it still would.

 

I probably should have placed my no sexplay limit before my list of enjoyed activities. On my other accounts, I have separate Picks for limits and likes. I'll continue that practice in version 2 of my profile for this account. Also, as you suggest, I'll keep a mention of my limit against sexplay in my About section. As for a picture, I'll add one when my avatar's appearance becomes more settled. The profile that I have now was just something I put together quickly to get the account started and is not up to my usual standard.

When I read my list of likes as if I'm reading something someone else has written, I don't see an obvious BDSM association. I know that the listed activities are sometimes involved in BDSM but I also know that the very same activities occur in many nonBDSM contexts. Also, I don't regard BDSM as synonymous with sexplay. I know many people who play BDSM games choose to add a sexual component alongside their BDSM but it strikes me as irrational to assume that someone is interested in sexplay just because that person is into BDSM. It strikes me as even more irrational to assume that someone is interested in sexplay just because that person enjoys activities that are sometimes also enjoyed by BDSM players.

I also know that I don't think like most people think and this has caused me problems when trying to understand other people and when trying to be understood by other people. Other people often see meanings and intentions in my words and deeds they consider obvious but that don't exist. Meanings and intentions that do exist in my words and deeds often go unrecognized or misidentified by other people. To borrow a phrase from Temple Grandin,  I often feel like an "anthropologist from Mars".

While all that you say is true, there is still an large number of people that will always associate enjoying these activities with sex and RL abuse and feel that  'enjoying' it is sick and repugnant, especially for a child avi.  Maybe 'enjoy' was a poor choice of words in you description. I wouldn't be so specific either as to activities and perhaps change it to indicate the names or general themes of roleplay you do like.  You can always discuss more specific activities OCC when talking to another role player who understands them in the context of the specific non sexual roleplay or pass out a notecard to people with whom you engage in RP.

Since a profile is meant to be something that any of the public can read to find out more about you, it should be written with that in mind, otherwise you can expect to have to constantly deal with controversy when using these types of things in a profile.

 

Amethyst, the idea of listing themes instead of specific activities in my profile is certainly worth trying. Thanks for suggesting it.

I try to anticipate how other people will react to my profile. Unfortunately, I often fail at it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Perrie Juran wrote:

 

You know, the only reason i haven't filed a JIRA yet is I have an equally strong aversion to censoring anyone's chosen lifestyle in SL, no matter how strongly I may feel about it.  There are people who object to all kinds of things in Second Life regardless of whether they are benign or malevolent.  There are clubs that don't allow Furries.  I've had girls refuse to dance with my Martian Avatar. I would not get intimate with a girl who has "rape me please" as one of her groups.  Many things of this sort. 

If you were just talking about RP as a child slave, I could accept this.  Your clan gets captured by another clan and now you are forced to scrub floors all day long.  I'd have no trouble with this.  But when you talk about your Avatar, " bleeding and bound on the floor" we have now crossed a line.

And while maybe this is just some goofy acting to you, but then as you said, it may not be, how would you feel if you knew that the person behind the Avatar that left you bound and bleeding ejaculated in their pants while they did that to you?

Either your naivety or your hypocrisy is showing here or the one other possibility, that you are finding catharsis for things you dealt with as a child, which would be the only acceptable reason to me.

 

eta to correct wrong word choice.  replaced 'except' with 'accept.'

If I knew the person I was roleplaying with was sexually aroused by having their character do things to my child character, I would be very bothered. I would stop roleplaying with that person.

In the absence of evidence to the contrary, I usually take my chances and assume that a person's RL reaction to my inworld actions is within what statistics tell me is likely. Since pedophilia is statistically uncommon, I don't refrain from RPing an abused child character just because there is a slender chance the other RPer is a pedophile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2868 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...