Sign in to follow this  
kieper11

bitten by a vampire

Hi,it seems i'm bitten by a vampire...i did get a reaquest when i was exploring a world in SL.I clicked yes but that was wrong from my side.....how can i get rid of the bite and i only have 150 linden so far...It was a request with Bloodlines in it...thx for any help

kieper11 wrote:

Hi,it seems i'm bitten by a vampire...i did get a reaquest when i was exploring a world in SL.I clicked yes but that was wrong from my side.....how can i get rid of the bite and i only have 150 linden so far...It was a request with Bloodlines in it...thx for any help

This happened to me a long time ago on another account. I simply ignored the bite and never experienced any problems. I think being bitten is only of consequence if you decide to participate in the Bloodlines game. I also once heard that there is a free garlic necklace or something that will tell the Bloodlines game you're offlimits.

It's nothing to worry about. Nothing really happened to you avatar. Only thing is that your avatar's name now is added to the Bloodlines game, as being bitten and having lost your soul to the vampire who has bitten you. This is incase you also want to play Bloodlines. 

Like the previous forum member said, just ignore it.

As the others said, you can just ignore. If that makes you feel more comfortable, here's a (free) garlic necklace. Read carefully the instructions. Activating the necklace will remove your name from Bloodlines website. :smileywink:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/The-Garlic-Necklace-Bloodlines-Bite-requests-Spam-Protection/912384

You can't actually "get rid" of the bite.  But you can prevent a recurrence.  Get this free item from the Marketplace:

GARLIC NECKLACE

Wear it, touch the garlic bulb, and select Activate from the menu.  Bloodlines players will be informed that you are immune to biting (they can still send bite requests, but the vast majority will not.)  You can remove the necklace once you have activated it.

Being "bitten" by a Bloodlines player has zero effect on your Second Life unless you choose to play Bloodlines yourself...then it affects your standing in the game.

EDIT:  Ha!  Valerie beat me to it.

Sorry that happened to you.  Basically you were marked by an unscrupulous person who will get your soul should you ever decide to participate in the game sometime in the future.  I have always disagreed with this tactic.  Only people who purchase the game should be eligible to be bitten.  At least at that point they will most likely have a better understanding of what they are getting into.  

Now that you have been marked by the person, chances are you will never be bothered again, because the name of the game is soul collection and not much else.

That said, in no way will it affect your experience in SL.  

So you have been bitten, well good for you.  Linden Lab wants you to be bitten by vampires when you join SL.  Just recently they spent a lot of credibility and human resourse promoting vampires and their associated activities.  For many years people have been warned about the nefarious activities of the bloodlines in SL, but that did not stop the recent marketing attempts by LL to promote these activities.  LL doesn't care whether you have been bitten, why should you.

Hi,

ok,thx to all for the answers here....It seems that my name was not on their webpage but too make sure i touched the garlic necklace while wearing it....

I thought i also must drink that Wormwood poison but it seems not if i see these reactions...

iknow someone who was bitten and never agreed to a bite request. i know sl promotes this vamps, even including a bumch of vampire avatars to choose from. but some people are really offended by this vampire clan fad.  some don't like it  because of their religious views about having their soul taken  (what if there's a game that puts pig fat on jewish or muslim people) and some just don't like the idea of someone suckiing their blood. i got my friend a garlic but that click to open menu function didnt work. its the official bloodlines garlic, but there is no menu that opens. is this just a ruse to keep people on some victim list?

what is a hybrid? i'm not familar with the game.

btw someone told me that if you click the garlic and dont see it activate and click it a second time, the second click will make you a part of the game. does anyone know if that is true?

SecretFromHeaven
wrote:

btw
someone told me that if you click the garlic and
dont
see it activate and click it a second time, the second click will make you a part of the game.
does
anyone know if that is true?

Not quite.   Clicking the garlic, as I understand it, effectively toggles your visibility to Bloodlines huds.  So if you were part of the game before you clicked it for the first time, clicking it a second time will reactivate your membership (and clicking it a third time will deactivate your membership again, and so on).

If you weren't part of the game in the first place, then the garlic toggles your visibility to the Bloodlines system.   So if you click it a second time, you become visible to the huds (and thus subject to bite requests) again.

Wouldn't worry your Ava won't fp die or anything lol and to become fully human or get your soul back you'd need to buy a potion called wormwood and that's like L900 that's really against bloodline rules bitting randome pp. I'm a SL vampire and I'd never bite a stranger only family and friends Ut my alt who's not in Bloodlines got bitten few years ago and she's fine so wouldn't worry just enjoy SL