Hmmm

iheartmyself

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4445 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I read this good article here:

http://gmj.gallup.com/content/148694/social-media-three-big-myths.aspx

And when I think of SL, I think of people creating fake weddings just so that they can influence their spouse's decision-making.  For example, if marriage is one of the biggest factors influencing financial decisions, then why not give people wives and husbands who will advertise for companies?

I think Second Life should be used to make education more interesting, not to introduce pretend husbands and wives who will act as personal shopping assistants.

Wow, you have a really bizarre idea of what SL husbands and wives are.

Have you considered that some weddings in SL are about the activities of planning weddings and role play romances?

In some cases they are mirrors of RL marrages. In some cases they are online romances with or without a RL side.

In SL the important connection for businesses is partnership, which many marrages in SL use.

Some of the opinions you have expressed in other posts  tells me you know very little about SL.

People in SL engage in all sorts of relationships for many reasons  and of those that are not just fantasy play, most are the same reasons they engage in RL relationships.  In the close to six years I've been in SL I never have known someone whose motive for partnering is to control or influence their SL partners finances or for personal shopping assistants.  I also think based on long experience that the majority of people in SL who are in a relationship have not  had  weddings either.

The article is interesting.  However, you haven't been in SL long enough to make blanket statements like you did.  Perhaps you should spend more time exploring  SL and meeting and talking with people in it without preconceived prejudices before making such pronouncements. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4445 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.