Jump to content

my AO's wont work!


AdunaLuna
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2493 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

As Jennifer said, you may be in no-script land. Check the top of your screen for what looks kind of like a piece of paper, with a circle around it and a line through it. That means the land you're in won't let you run scripts, so no HUD's will work, and neither will any scripted attachments. Teleport somewhere else and try again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Also check whether you have another, competing, AO active.

The ZHAO I guess you mean for example conflicts with the OC subbie hud (which includes its own walking animations at a higher priority), as well as some (many?) dancing huds.

First try to disable all other huds and aos, then see if the one you want works. When it does, enable the others you want one by one until it no longer works and you've found the culprit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Best guess is no script land. You need to attach your AO on a land that allows to run scripts. The no script zones go from ground to approx 75m so you can fly up to "start" your AO - once its running it will continue to run even in no script zones.

There can only be one! AO I mean :) So multiple AO's (beware of shoes and other stuff with built in AO) will block each other.

Some TPV's like Firestorm have a viewer built in AO. Not affected by no script zones but can be overridden by other worn AO's of course.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some AOs work better than others, and may fail, perhaps temporarily, even if scripting is allowed where you are.

Sometimes it helps to reset the scripts in it. Try rightclicking the AO, select edit to open it in edit mode. Then go to the Build->Scripts->Reset scripts (I think this is what it sayse, but I don't remember atm). This should reset the scripts in you AO and force them to load again. Perhaps it will help. Perhaps it won't...

- Luc -

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 year later...

Okay this is very  odd.. My Ao's won't work. Go Figure! I've tried everything attaching and reattaching..Reseting scripts,I'm not even in a no script sim;and nothing. This is for several of them..  It also does not let me even click on them TO turn them on.. I have no idea what's going on.                Someone please help!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 8 months later...


Caitlin Debbel wrote:

Okay this is very  odd.. My Ao's won't work. Go Figure! I've tried everything attaching and reattaching..Reseting scripts,I'm not even in a no script sim;and nothing. This is for several of them..  It also does not let me even click on them TO turn them on.. I have no idea what's going on.                Someone please help!

 

Same problem - message comes up,        could not find animation 'ST PG-09 AKEYO'

when I teleport to dance place, all is jerky and I cannot dance with partner

Link to post
Share on other sites

EDIT: Added screenshot of Akeyo's AO.

 

Edit the AO and see if that animation is in the contents and spelled EXACTLY the same way - including number of spaces, capitals, etc...

AKEYO AOs have no notecard, so if you're using their AO - go into the setup mode, hit configuration, and it should spam your chat window with a list of all your animations and a number.

AKEYO_AO.jpg

You then use in chat something like:

/99 23

To bring up a popup window to modify how it uses animation 23.

I think th AO might also have some reload options to force it to rescan all your animations. You can also trigger this by dropping a new animation into it or taking one out that is in it.

(AKEYO's AOs are my favorite brand. Bought his blank AO for myself and most of my alts - and then I just go animation shopping and fill them up.)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites


Carolynann Alzael wrote:


Caitlin Debbel wrote:

Okay this is very  odd.. My Ao's won't work. Go Figure! I've tried everything attaching and reattaching..Reseting scripts,I'm not even in a no script sim;and nothing. This is for several of them..  It also does not let me even click on them TO turn them on.. I have no idea what's going on.                Someone please help!

 

Same problem - message comes up,        could not find animation 'ST PG-09 AKEYO'

when I teleport to dance place, all is jerky and I cannot dance with partner

There were a few AKEYO animations that were deleted do to a DCMA take down.  In their zeal to comply with the DCMA LL also removed a legitimate one.  I'm not sure if this was the one but you might want to check in your A/O if it has been replaced by an IP holder.

If the Akeyo is no longer in your A/O, assuming it is ZHAO based as most A/O's are, you will need to go into the note card (I'm not in world and forget the name of the card now) and remove this one from the lists.

If it is not ZHAO based you'd need to follow the instructions for your A/O to remove it.

As far as your dancing with a partner being jerky, etc, that could be a SIM issue, no spare time left in the SIM for scripts to run.  Check the statistics bar to see what is going on.

Link to post
Share on other sites


Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Edit the AO and see if that animation is in the contents and spelled EXACTLY the same way - including number of spaces, capitals, etc...

AKEYO AOs have no notecard, so if you're using their AO - go into the setup mode, hit configuration, and it should spam your chat window with a list of all your animations and a number.

You then use in chat something like:

/99 23

To bring up a popup window to modify how it uses animation 23.

I think th AO might also have some rest options to force it to rescan all your animations. You can also trigger this by dropping a new animation into it or taking one out that is in it.

(AKEYO's AOs are my favorite brand. Bought his blank AO for myself and most of my alts - and then I just go animation shopping and fill them up.)

 

I should splurge.  That is so much easier than editing note cards!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...