SL Viewer search unusable

Felicity Coronet

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4443 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

For the last several months I have been unable to use the seacrh function built into the viewer.  This is true of SL Viewer 3.2.8.248931 and Firestorm Viewer 3.3.0.24880.  I have up-draded to these viewers in hopes of correcting the probelm and have up-dated compter software, and completed a clean install.  Interestingly I do not have this probelm when using SL Viewer.  If I log is using SL Viewer 1.23.5.136262 the search function works correctly.  Hoping it is just a preference setting that  needs adjustment.

4 answers to this question

Also you might try using an external browser if you currently are attempting to use the built in on. In Firestorm that is in Preferences under Network and Cache.  If none of this fixes your problem, you can always use the web based search:

http://search.secondlife.com/   which for some things works better and some not so much :D.  Good luck.

Are you using a Norton antivirus product by incident? If yes, it's most likely that it ate up SLPlugin.exe that is needed to run the internal web browser. You should reinstall the viewer, but NOT start it directly - not even from the setup. Instead, open the management console of the antivirus programm you are using and add SLPlugin.exe as exception so it doesn't get deleted/quarantined anymore. After you've done that, the search in the viewer should work fine.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4443 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.