"Constructs inhibited by parcel." What and Why? And How to Get Rid Off?!

franklincoln

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4448 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

-

I rented a sky platform several days ago, but there is a recurring problem the land owner does not seem to be able to solve.

I can rez and built there without problems.  However there is an item I have used daily on other sims I have rented on that well, works and then it doesn't.

When I try to use the device, I get this message: "Constructs inhibited by parcel".  And so my device doesn't work.

The first day I rented the platform it worked fine.  The next day it didn't. 

I contacted the land owner about the problem.  He thought it was due to my platform being over an unrented one, so he moved my platform.   My device worked again fine for the rest of the day.

Now this morning again, my device won't work.  Again I get "Constructs inhibited by parcel" when I try to use it.  The owner again came to look at it, but could not figure out what the problem is.

I asked and he said there had been a restart since I was last on.  I wonder if the restart re-set something -- but again, what that *something* is, is unknown.

I even asked the guy who created the device what the problem might be.  The device works through a HUD and he suggested I remove it and put it back on to "set" it to the new sim I am in.  I tried that and it did not work.

There is a block on the property that says "This area has building disabled. You can't build or rez objects here."  However once I joined the land group, I had no problem with doing either.  But I can't make constructs here!

I literally spent 3-5 hours for 4 days searching for a property like this sky platform.  It is everything I was trying to find.  But this PROBLEM is a deal-breaker for me.  If I *cannot* use this device that makes constructs, I am going to have to ask for a refund and start searching again.  And, gods, I cannot tell you how much I *hate* doing that.

Why is this "Constructs inhibited by parcel" happening it?  And how can the land owner get rid of it?!

Thanks for your help very much.  I hope someone can tell me what to do to fix this.

-- Frank Lincoln

P.S....  I check all of SL Help for "Constructs inhibited by parcel" and even "Constructs inhibited" and other forms of this.  I cannot find any information on this.  Please help.

P.S..  Great, just found out you can't rely to answers in this format.  Not helpful.  So:

----------

on 02-19-201208:06 AM

Just a guess. Since the land is set to a group, and only group members can rez objects there, your tool may need to be deeded to the group to work correctly. Like an SL radio or TV.  I suggest you talk to the creator of the tool first, before deeding the tool.

----------

I think that is what the creator intended to happy by having me take the device and put it back on -- which I should have added, he told me to do wearing the land group's tag.  Which I did.  I literally took off all that I could from my avatar, including this device, put on the group's tag, logged-out, logged back it.  But the device and it's HUD back on -- and nothing.  Still didn't work.

By the way, I had forgot about this when I originally posted this, but it is my device that is giving me this message, that "Constructs inhibited by parcel." 

I am starting to wonder if despite my ability to build and rez there, it is the "No building" block on the sim that is preventing my device from working there.

But that doesn't explain why moving the platform to another location, not that far away, would let it work again, but then not the next day.  Or does it?

P.S.   Sorry for the errors in writing, people.  I'm dyslexic -- and it can get really distressing in  SL for me, when so much of the communication is by IM.   *sigh*

2 answers to this question

Just a guess...since the land is set to a group, and only group members can rez objects there, your tool may need to be deeded to the group to work correctly...like an SL radio or TV.  I suggest you talk to the creator of the tool first, before deeding the tool.

EDIT:  Taking the item off and putting it on will not deed it to a group.

And I told you it was just a guess.  I don't appreciate your snide remark about "can't rely to answers in this format".  See if I give you any help next time, buster.

FURTHER EDIT:  Oh dear, I didn't think to put that interpretation on it.  If you meant "reply", please disregard the above snit.

It seems the maker is going out of his way (very typical of SL merchants, bless their hearts) to investigate and solve the problem...I wish you both luck!

Lindal, I suspect Frank meant to type "reply" rather than "rely". I loathe the format as well.

I'm the scripter on the device in question. What it's reporting is that either it can't confirm that it can rez, or it can't confirm that scripts can run after the object's rezzed. Without visiting the parcel, I can't tell what's going on. What I advised Frank to do was reattach the HUD while he had he land group active, so that the HUD would have its active group set to the land group; my theory was that the land group always allowed rezzing whether active or not, a condition the HUD can't detect.

The HUD relies on either the resident or the HUD's active group having build permission on the parcel. If the resident is not the landowner, build & scripts are not enabled for the HUD's active group, and build & scripts not turned on for all residents, it will abort creating constructs with the error message specified.

Frank, I'm still willing to come look at the problem when inworld. Send me a SLURL.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4448 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.