"Constructs inhibited by parcel." What and Why? And How to Get Rid Off?!

franklincoln

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3877 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Just a guess...since the land is set to a group, and only group members can rez objects there, your tool may need to be deeded to the group to work correctly...like an SL radio or TV.  I suggest you talk to the creator of the tool first, before deeding the tool.

EDIT:  Taking the item off and putting it on will not deed it to a group.

And I told you it was just a guess.  I don't appreciate your snide remark about "can't rely to answers in this format".  See if I give you any help next time, buster.

FURTHER EDIT:  Oh dear, I didn't think to put that interpretation on it.  If you meant "reply", please disregard the above snit.

It seems the maker is going out of his way (very typical of SL merchants, bless their hearts) to investigate and solve the problem...I wish you both luck!

2 answers to this question

Just a guess...since the land is set to a group, and only group members can rez objects there, your tool may need to be deeded to the group to work correctly...like an SL radio or TV.  I suggest you talk to the creator of the tool first, before deeding the tool.

EDIT:  Taking the item off and putting it on will not deed it to a group.

And I told you it was just a guess.  I don't appreciate your snide remark about "can't rely to answers in this format".  See if I give you any help next time, buster.

FURTHER EDIT:  Oh dear, I didn't think to put that interpretation on it.  If you meant "reply", please disregard the above snit.

It seems the maker is going out of his way (very typical of SL merchants, bless their hearts) to investigate and solve the problem...I wish you both luck!

Lindal, I suspect Frank meant to type "reply" rather than "rely". I loathe the format as well.

I'm the scripter on the device in question. What it's reporting is that either it can't confirm that it can rez, or it can't confirm that scripts can run after the object's rezzed. Without visiting the parcel, I can't tell what's going on. What I advised Frank to do was reattach the HUD while he had he land group active, so that the HUD would have its active group set to the land group; my theory was that the land group always allowed rezzing whether active or not, a condition the HUD can't detect.

The HUD relies on either the resident or the HUD's active group having build permission on the parcel. If the resident is not the landowner, build & scripts are not enabled for the HUD's active group, and build & scripts not turned on for all residents, it will abort creating constructs with the error message specified.

Frank, I'm still willing to come look at the problem when inworld. Send me a SLURL.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3877 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.