SL says I'm age-verified when I'm not

conartist123

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4449 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm having problems age-verifying. The age-verification page says I'm already verified, but the opt-in does not show the "adult" option.

The problem may be that I had a previous SL identity which I abandoned and can't remember, on an email address that doesn't exist any more, and I must have a-v'd that and SL recongnised my IP address as age-verified - is that possible? Whatever, I can't age verify! What do I do, please?

Regards

Conartist123

2 answers to this question

Hiya, Conartist, and welcome to the forums.

Whatever the problem is, I'm certain it's not SL recognising your IP address as age-verified -- it's a long-standing complaint that you have to verify your alts separately, even though you have set them all up using the same email address, so sharing IP addresses won't be an issue.

What is the "opt-in" you describe?   Do you mean the drop-down in Me-Preferences-General?  You need to set that first, before you can set anything else, I think.

1.  Follow the steps in the Age Verification process on your Dashboard page (on this site) under Account/Age Verification.

2.  Log into SL.  Select Me/Preferences.  In the General tab, change the "I want to access content rated..." to General, Moderate, and Adult".  Be sure to click OK or Apply, not just close the Preferences window.

3.  Open a Search window and set the G,M,A options there too.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4449 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.