Legal Action Against Copybot Viewer Site?

Dustine Underwood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4403 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Josh Susanto wrote:

>
Maybe you can tie the two together for me..........I'm seriously intriqued on how copybotting and forum moderating are connected.

They are related because, in terms of what LL actually does, they seem to have different sets of rules for different users. 

"If it floats it must be a witch!"

Goes off to burn ducks...

>Maybe you can tie the two together for me..........I'm seriously intriqued on how copybotting and forum moderating are connected.

They are related because, in terms of what LL actually does, they seem to have different sets of rules for different users.

There is more clarity in a rock!!  We might be better to bang a couple together, at least there is the chance of a spark!!!

• 6 months later...

1st ) LL cannot do nothing about this. You must submit  via inworld only a report abuse and not via ticket,but you will not take answer back only just to inform you about the message confirm

2nd ) if you want to mark it as very important message,submit the same abuse report 4-5 times

3rd ) Οrganizations that are active in the "race" of all those sites and other (like residents) who violates cannot do nothing. You can make an report file once a year if you have the free membership. I you need more support then They can do only little things like take them away for a very short period and you must pay for this services (you will see them up after 1 month) because if they have the following law in the country that the thief and is then he is not illegal

4rd ) Should be warned the laws of every country (from which the website or the resident is that makes the violation) because each country has different law.There is a law that says if a product,business,e.t.c. published on the internet which the owner has the full rights and the product,business,e.t.c. is copyrighted (no matter in what website,grid.e.t.c. has posted or placed),this is like trampling himself his royalties when he publish it in public. This law states in if those organizations,sites,residents just share your items,theydo not trample any right if they do not make money under your brand and e.t.c. They just share the products,photos and everything else as you share it in public. BUT, if they make money under your brand,products,name and you can prove it, you can promote all evidence to the court and you will got all the right in your side. Its very difficult because you need lawers and its will cost you a lot and you will spend many days,months,years :/ it is no coincidence that copybot websites you will find up to 200 brands and stores that are full copyrighted  and they have been violating and they havent do nothing 

xDramaQueeNx wrote:

1st ) LL cannot do nothing about this. You must submit  via inworld only a report abuse and not via ticket,but you will not take answer back only just to inform you about the message confirm

2nd ) if you want to mark it as very important message,submit the same abuse report 4-5 times

3rd ) Οrganizations that are active in the "race" of all those sites and other (like residents) who violates cannot do nothing. You can make an report file once a year if you have the free membership. I you need more support then They can do only little things like take them away for a very short period and you must pay for this services (you will see them up after 1 month) because if they have the following law in the country that the thief and is then he is not illegal

4rd ) Should be warned the laws of every country (from which the website or the resident is that makes the violation) because each country has different law.There is a law that says if a product,business,e.t.c. published on the internet which the owner has the full rights and the product,business,e.t.c. is copyrighted (no matter in what website,grid.e.t.c. has posted or placed),this is like trampling himself his royalties when he publish it in public. This law states in if those organizations,sites,residents just share your items,theydo not trample any right if they do not make money under your brand and e.t.c. They just share the products,photos and everything else as you share it in public. BUT, if they make money under your brand,products,name and you can prove it, you can promote all evidence to the court and you will got all the right in your side. Its very difficult because you need lawers and its will cost you a lot and you will spend many days,months,years
:/
 it is no coincidence that copybot websites you will find up to 200 brands and stores that are full copyrighted  and they have been violating and they havent do nothing 

You really need to stop posting this complete and utter nonsense.

Shelby Silverspar wrote:

xDramaQueeNx wrote:

4rd ) Should be warned the laws of every country (from which the website or the resident is that makes the violation) because each country has different law.There is a law that says if a product,business,e.t.c. published on the internet which the owner has the full rights and the product,business,e.t.c. is copyrighted (no matter in what website,grid.e.t.c. has posted or placed),this is like trampling himself his royalties when he publish it in public. This law states in if those organizations,sites,residents just share your items,theydo not trample any right if they do not make money under your brand and e.t.c. They just share the products,photos and everything else as you share it in public. BUT, if they make money under your brand,products,name and you can prove it, you can promote all evidence to the court and you will got all the right in your side. Its very difficult because you need lawers and its will cost you a lot and you will spend many days,months,years
:/
 it is no coincidence that copybot websites you will find up to 200 brands and stores that are full copyrighted  and they have been violating and they havent do nothing 

You really need to stop posting this complete and utter nonsense.

for 1 and 2 scale, ask linden lab!

for 3 scale check on those organizations... (you can check and dmca's website which cooperate with Secondlife

for 4 scale,ask your laywer 

and 5.....for the previous scales,i have already ask before write something and i have been informed because i had the same problem in secondlife as creator :) so be sure before reply ;)

Medhue Simoni wrote:

I just want to point out that, currently, mesh can not be copybotted. At least, as far as I know.

unfortunatelly they can copybot the meshes too.. but its a little bit difficult than the sculpts. i have seen a website in which you can see many meshes that have been copybotted but i cannot post it here cause its illegal to publish names.its very popular website and they have do nothing to close it for years now :(

xDramaQueeNx wrote:

Medhue Simoni wrote:

I just want to point out that, currently, mesh can not be copybotted. At least, as far as I know.

unfortunatelly they can copybot the meshes too.. but its a little bit difficult than the sculpts. i have seen a website in which you can see many meshes that have been copybotted but i cannot post it here cause its illegal to publish names.its very popular website and they have do nothing to close it for years now
:(

I would question the validity of whether those are copybotted meshes or not. If they could do it, then there would be thousands, and being that mesh is still less than a year old, the meshes they do have there should be easy to find the originals on the MP.

Ok, I'm no expert on the subject, but a mesh is not anything like a sculpty. A sculpy is just a texture. The way something is copybotted is by stealing the texture ID and applying that to a prim. A mesh is not just a prim with a texture applied. This means the standard way to copybot a sculpty can't be used on a mesh.

Again, I have no expertise in this area, nor of coding such things, but if it was possible to somehow get all the information to recreate the DAE file for a mesh, then you would still have a problem getting that DAE file into SL. This is because, in order to upload a mesh, then you have to have PIOF. How many copybotters are going to compromize their main accounts, which could lead people directly to their RL front door? So, even if you could get over the technical hurdles, you'd still have the special mesh upload requirements to deal with.

These people who you talk to that say they've had it happen, are probably just paranoid creator who think all their stuff is copybotted. These people hype the problem way beyond the actual threat level. I also did a search on the net and on Youtube. I have seen no evidense that it is even possible in SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4403 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.