2 tips for faster teleport

Tara Chester

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4442 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1. Turn off "teleport screen". 2. Lower your draw distance before teleport.

I use Phoenix viewer, I'm not sure where are these options in other viewews. Also, I'm not sure if it actually works, but it sure feels like it, you should try both. 

For first one, go to Preferences>Phoenix>TP/Login> and click the "Disable Teleport screens" check box.

For second one, you can go to bottom right corner and open Settings panel, but much quicker way is to use command in local chat, for example "dd 24"  (without quotes) for draw distance 24 meters, or "dd 512" for 512 meters, and with simply using CTRL+up/down arrows, you can go back and forth (chat history, this works for everything you type, but it's not remebered between sessions). Draw distance setting also helps with performance in general, so when you don't need to see far, keep it low. Hope this tips will improve your SL experience, enjoy! :)

For those who use Viewer 3, go to Me > Preferences. Under the Graphics tab, click the Advanced button and under Draw Distance, slide it to the left. Click on OK. (SEE EXAMPLE BELOW)

DRAW DISTANCE VIEWER 3.png

Firestorm users, Go to Avatar > Preferences then under the Graphics tab, check Custom or Advanced, then slide the draw distance slider to the left. Click on OK.

For Firestorm users who need to disable the TP screen, Go to Avatar > Preferences > Firestorm > General and select Disable Teleport Screens then click OK.

TIP: The preferences menu can also be accessed by hitting CTRL+P on a PC or Control+P on a Mac.

graphics won't play a factor until after you have landed or connected to the sim..

one of the biggest reason for failed teleporting or slow teleporting on the client side is attachments worn..

your advice is good for getting rezzed faster or a sim crashing you after you have landed..

but the load you carry with you is what will be a big factor in timing out or not..

All good advice. Btw, Ceka's info is easily verifiable: Strip down your avi to only wear system clothing, no AO, no nothing. Now cross sim borders. Then put on AO, the ever-favorite resize/recolor scripted hair, shoes, clothes, jewelry... and try another sim crossing.

Reducing render distance is also good advice, especially if using fast-moving ground vehicles.

Disabling the load screen doesn't really improve TP speeds per se, you only get to see the sim sooner is all. Presumably the screen is meant to hide the initial load of geometry data - a pretty pointless endeavor on SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4442 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.