during the latest restarts of sl, I am missing inventory

Silver Sablatnig

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4448 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

Hello Silver and welcome SL Forums. If they are many items, really they are too many and i don't see other way to fix the problem, except of clearing manually your cache.

1) Delete all contests at the following folders (for Windows Vista of 7. If your OS is different please post back here editing for your post (Options --> Edit) let us know about:

C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Roaming \ SecondLife and

C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ Secondlife

Notes:

• Usually the folder Appdata is a hidden folder. (Windows Tools \ Folder Options \ View & enable Show Hidden Files/Folders)
  • If you want to keep your private conversations which are saved in your computer, copy the folder with your nickname to another position in your hard disk. The folder is: C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Roaming \ SecondLife \ silver_sablatnig
  • If you have more than 1 viewers installed you must to do the same with all, following the same paths in your hard disk. For example: C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ PhoenixViewer

2)Restart your computer and try to log in a protected land without lag like Smith or Lime or Pooley. If you can't select a different region, in your log in screen give the command: Menu Me --> Preferences --> General Tab --> Enable "Show on login" --> OK.  After click the down arrow where it says "Start at" and choose <Type region name> --> Smith --> Login.

3)Stay there under the water (in Smith), open your inventory, type something (2-3 characters) in search there and wait fetching ALL your items till the last one. During this process (downloading), avoid to do something else like teleporting, chatting, moving etc. It means you download again, you get back your inventory. See if that helps.

(About Windows paths: C:\ = Your hard disk, you find it if you open "My computer". Where you see backslash, follows a folder into the previous one)

Check out also the following link from SL Wiki: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Inventory_loss

Good luck.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4448 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.