Second Life down?

HarmonyHarper

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4449 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All I want to point out is that not one single person has thanked anyone who was directly responsible for tending to the grid while this "emergency" was in process.  We had 52 posts to this thread and two thanking Rod Humble for his post (semi-update) about the problem.  Numerous complaints about the inconvenience mixed with a few derogatory comments about LL's ability to maintain the grid.  Some supportive comments but far outwieghed by the negative comments.  The outage lasted about 2 hours 12 minutes (from the thread start to the "all clear" on the Grid Status page).  No one knows what the problem was that caused the outage but even if they did know, in all probability, they would not understand anyway.  Where's the thank you to the people who completely stopped whatever they were doing at the time of the outage to go fix or investigate what caused the outage.  Not one single thank you for helping us when we needed or wanted help.  Why is that?

I've been in a position of being on call or having the responsibility of jumping to an emergency, totally dropping whatever it was that you were doing at the time.  It's not fun.  You don't know what you are getting into.  You don't know how long it is going to take to fix whatever caused the problem.  Yet you do it anyway......even if you were on your way out the door to go home.  It helps if somone, even just one someone says "Thank you".

I'm thanking the grid monkeys who disrupted their work routines to fix and resolve the problem we experienced.  I hope others will too.  They deserve, at least, that much.  Rod giving us an update was great............but he didn't fix the problem.  That "lowly" IT tech (grid monkey) did that.  I wish I could buy him a beer or her a glass fo wine (even the whole crew)

Thanks guys.  :matte-motes-big-grin:

But Peggy thats their job, they are paid to do it and hiccups happen all the time there.

And i doubt very much if the idea of a bunch of sl junkies going through virtual withdrawal (because believe me, thats the way we must seem to most of them) for a few hours raises more than a slight smirk from the grid monkeys - and who knows maybe there was an important match coming up or something so the issue was resolved fast.

The customer is'nt king anymore and certainly not at LL.

Sorry to sound cynical but thats the way it blows these days.

Thanks anyhow guys :matte-motes-wink:

Everything is not up and running again from the outtages on 2/16/11. As of 1:41 pmsl  wa having an event at CLUB MYSTICAL AURA @ BENJAMINZ and lost a full page of contestants and the dj. as of 2/17/12, 10:00 am sl  BENJAMINZ IS STILL NOT BACK AND RUNNING.  

It needs to be looked into as events begin in 2 moe hours there and is still not available.

RAINBOW SHIELDMAIDEN, OWNER OF CLUB MYSTICAL AURA 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4449 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.