saving outfits on Imprudence

Artistic Madrigal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have not been able to save my Outfits anymore on Viewer 2 or Firestorm. Every time I try, while waiting for the closet icon to show my saved outfits, and enable me to save the current outfit, the screen goes black and white and I have to quit. Someone suggested I try Imprudence instead, which I now have.. But I see no way of saving outfits on Imprudence.. Can someone tell me how to save what I am wearing on Imprudence to access for later usages, too? Thank you so very much for any info & have a great day!

2 answers to this question

Hi Artistic. I used Imprudence for a long while. You can make outfits but they are the "old style" which means that they make copies of all the items and put them in a folder together. If I remember correctly, you right click on yourself as if you were going to edit your shape etc and there is a "make outfit" choice. If that doesn't work (I haven't used it for a long while) then asking on the Imprudence Forums would be the best bet.

This will create COPIES of the items you are wearing so it will not work with no copy clothes items. Happily those are fairly scarce these days. From what the Firestorm devs have said the LINKS in V2 and V3 count against your inventory just as making a copy of an item would, so no real difference there. I believe you will end up with a folder (you get to choose a name for it so use some appropriate terms like "black jeans and bulky gray sweater from *designer*" etc. ) that will appear in your CLOTHING folder. At least that is how it used to work.

Good luck. 

You can also make folders in V2 or V3 and manually put copies of the items you are wearing in there. This if you don't want to switch between viewers. You might also consider using Phoenix rather than Imprudence as it has many more features that the Imprudence folks have decided not to add since they won't work in OpenSim :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.