Sculpt and Mesh prims randomly invisible - and old issue revisited?

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3884 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I saw this in Linden Realms yesterday.  Lots of invisible mesh objects.  All the bridges were missing their rock base and the Shattered Caves were missing all of their interior walls.  My first assumption was the viewer upgrade to 3.2.8 but then I connected from my XP system that also had 3.2.8 but an nVidia card and everything looked fine.  So that got me thinking it was a side effect of the ATI issue.

Then I remembered I didn't clear cache after I updated the viewer.  Once I cleared the cache on my system, all the mesh reappeared.  So at this point I'm blaming it on a cache problem but keeping a close watch.

--Cinn

2 answers to this question

I saw this in Linden Realms yesterday.  Lots of invisible mesh objects.  All the bridges were missing their rock base and the Shattered Caves were missing all of their interior walls.  My first assumption was the viewer upgrade to 3.2.8 but then I connected from my XP system that also had 3.2.8 but an nVidia card and everything looked fine.  So that got me thinking it was a side effect of the ATI issue.

Then I remembered I didn't clear cache after I updated the viewer.  Once I cleared the cache on my system, all the mesh reappeared.  So at this point I'm blaming it on a cache problem but keeping a close watch.

--Cinn

Hi Chic. Mi answer is not a useful answer beacuse ... I have identical problem! :)

Identical problem but only using the last version of V3 (I use an Nvidia card and I have not the problem with Phoenix, Firestorm). Some days I have the problem, other days I have not, randomly.

I have seen the edit tou your post answering to Cinnamon and I only can say that for me clear the cache is a temporal solution, only for a short time. The "bad" days with meshes are always "bad" days, But who knows :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3884 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.