Sign in to follow this  
Pussycat Catnap

New homepage image? Looks good this time

They've got a fairy up this time.

I think the wings are a set I've been to the shop of, before, and bought for an alt long ago.

But the image itself is finally well taken.

SLHomepage.jpg

Has this been up for a while and I just missed it?

Yep, it's nicer than the Vamp one!

I'm surprised that LL are not better in Website design and engineering...they must have acquired some Organic Inc staff during M.Linden's era. (that would also include Marketplace too...and all it's bugs)

They have been up for a little while now, scroll through with the arrows and you will see another gorgeous fairy taken by a different artist. The artists' names are at the bottom left.

MuffinUnsane wrote:

If had money I would snap those wings up. I just adore the front page!

If I recognize the right wings, they cost next to nothing and are sold by the maker of '7seas' the fishing game.

And have been out for years.

I believe they are the Bloodvine Wings in Ebony by Violaine Villota of Fancy Fairy. She makes wings in both worlds.

They have been available since 08. http://www.flickr.com/photos/fancyfairy/2850443167/in/photostream/

They are excellent wings and come in various sizes, both scripted and flexi. The scripted ones allow you to open, close, lower, or raise them and you can also set flapping and flutter speeds. I love them and highly recommend them. 

• Like 1

Interesting how those look identical to the ones from Seven's Selections. I'll have to dig up a screencap.

- The ones I bought were one of seven's other designs.

Just spotted this due to the mentions of 7Seas / 7Selections. I think folks are thinking of my Ragged Fairy Wings. For example, here's a pic: http://www.flickr.com/photos/vaengi/6921361259/in/photostream 

Thanks for the compliments, but these are definitely Violaine Villota's, not mine. She's very talented, isn't she? I have always admired her work! She makes wearable wings in RL too.

Both our wings are in the rather popular genre I like to think of as "fairies put through a shredder" ;) In black silhouette they both look extra similar due to the shredding.

BTW, I'm renaming and moving my wing store to Vaengi -- more details at http://www.vaengi.com

• Like 1

Jen Shikami wrote:

Just spotted this due to the mentions of 7Seas / 7Selections. I think folks are thinking of my Ragged Fairy Wings. For example, here's a pic:

Thanks for the compliments, but these are definitely Violaine Villota's, not mine. She's very talented, isn't she? I have always admired her work! She makes wearable wings in RL too.

Both our wings are in the rather popular genre I like to think of as "fairies put through a shredder"
;)
In black silhouette they both look extra similar due to the shredding.

BTW, I'm renaming and moving my wing store to Vaengi -- more details at

You're wings are very beautiful as well.

Fairies through a shredder, cute :)