how do I get rid of unwanted conference calls?

Carl Whitewood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1929 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I keep getting unwanted confrence calls from the same peopleand I have muted them but I still get their confrence calls. I do not know these people and do not want to read what they have to say. They are profane and very abusive to those in the confrence call. I have sent numerous abuse reports to SL and I even contacted support. Support, which by the way I was paying Premium Membership for, told me to file an abuse report after each incedent. Wow! Great Support. I quit the membership because I didn't think it was worth it. I have sent a report each time it happens but it wont stop. Can ANYONE tell me how to get it to stop. I am about to quit Sl if it doesnt stop.

7 answers to this question

Conference calls that I have gotten usually come from a group I have joined and the easiest way to stop getting them is to leave the group.  If its not a group you belong to and not from a friend, then click on Only friends and groups can call or IM me in Preferences - Privacy tab and that should also take care of the problem.

--Cinn

• Like 3

"Conference calls" can be of two types, Group Chat or an ad-hoc conference.  Cinnamon has the solution if the calls are in a group chat...leave the group.  An ad-hoc call is started by an individual, by selecting multiple people from their friends list, or by their calling cards, and IM'ing them all at once, similar to a group chat.

Muting the offenders SHOULD have worked, if the problem is an ad-hoc conference.  Check to be sure you muted the right people.

• Like 1

Muting or blocking does not help. They have you added to a list or something  and anytime they send a conference call you get it too. I was dealing with this also ... 

I was friends with someone and it turned ugly, so I unfriended and blocked but they still could conference call me.  I waited about a year of annoying conference calls and finally tried one last time to get them to take my name off the list.  It worked!  I suppose they forgot who I was and the argument we had.  I gave them 50L just for doing it. Hopefully that will be the end of it.   But something needs done about this.  When you mute or block someone in second life, that should mean THEY CAN NOT MESSAGE YOU in any way, form or fashion.

5 hours ago, oOLotusFlowerOo said:

Muting or blocking does not help. They have you added to a list or something  and anytime they send a conference call you get it too. I was dealing with this also ... 

I was friends with someone and it turned ugly, so I unfriended and blocked but they still could conference call me.  I waited about a year of annoying conference calls and finally tried one last time to get them to take my name off the list.  It worked!  I suppose they forgot who I was and the argument we had.  I gave them 50L just for doing it. Hopefully that will be the end of it.   But something needs done about this.  When you mute or block someone in second life, that should mean THEY CAN NOT MESSAGE YOU in any way, form or fashion. 

Sadly mute and block are not affecting conferrence calls, but you can file a Jira with the Lab and TPV coders to get a "only show conferrence calls started by friends" checkbox - such an option would be welcomed by many I guess

1 hour ago, Fionalein said:

Sadly mute and block are not affecting conferrence calls, but you can file a Jira with the Lab and TPV coders to get a "only show conferrence calls started by friends" checkbox - such an option would be welcomed by many I guess

Firestorm already has that feature.

Screenshot_1.png.db273886db50bd35844e1749795c20a2.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1929 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.