How can someone else steal my parcel of Linden land???????????????

Stormylee1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a parcel of Linden Land that has been taken over by someone else.  WHAT THE HELL?????????????

No, I have absolutely NO idea which parcel of LAND I OWN!!!!!!!!!!!!  OF COURSE I HAVE THE RIGHT PARCEL AND IT WAS FOR SALE BUT NOW SOME THIEF HAS THEIR JUNK ON MY LAND!  NO, I HAVE NOT RECEIVED PAYMENT FOR MY LAND!

5 answers to this question

One thought.  Perhaps your land was group owned?  If so, the money should be recorded in the My Groups Info window under Land/Assets.  Group dividends are distributed once a day, so if you are the only person in the group that is set to Receive Group Dividends, then you should get the full amount of the sale within 24 hours of selling.

--Cinn

Shouting doesn't help.  We're all SL residents just like you, and you asked for advice. The fact is that nobody can "steal" land (or anything else, actually).  As the others have suggested, the only way that someone else can occupy your land is if you put it up for sale (accidentally or on purpose), or if the person you were renting from has reclaimed the land. Now, if you still own the parcel and someone else has rezzed stuff all over it, you should be able to just return the things.

Hello again Stormylee

You are far too angry, and need to calm down.  I was unable to make myself understood in world, and I hope that you will read what I am about to say very carefully.

No one has ripped you off.

The people who have purchased your land are extremely above board, and the money for the sale of your land will come through to you.

BUT - and LISTEN VERY CAREFULLY

You set your land for sale, and it was group land.

When you sell group land, it takes an extra day for the money to come through to you, and the money is divided equally between group owners who you have set to receive the proceeds from a sale.

There is more information for you to read on the official Linden Lab web pages.  I suggest you calm down and read it.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Group-owned-land/ta-p/700079

Unless you enjoy being angry!!

Again, no one has ripped you off.  Your parting words to me were "I'm getting out of SL - I hate this **bleep**". That really is a ridiculous over-reaction.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.