Orders indicated as delivered, but not received.

Revolution Mistwalker

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4447 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

In the last few days I have had multiple occasions when ordered items and even complete orders of several items, were indicated in the order history as delivered but I did not receive them. I ordered the items and was online and waiting for delivery with status normal. How do I rectify this? I am talking about a few thousand L$ in ordered merchandise.

2 answers to this question

It can sometimes take anywhere from a few minutes to a day or more for your items to be delivered, especially if the merchant's Magic Box is temporarily out of service or the sim it's on is offline. Unfortunately, Marketplace will show items as "delivered" once it has told a Magic Box to deliver them.  At least you were careful to be in world when you ordered things, so you shouldn't be having a problem with your "in box" being capped.  Stiil, do be cautious about overusing the shopping cart. It is easily confused if you put more than a couple of things in it.  The Magic Box delivery system is definitely not the strongest link in the supply chain. 

So, now .....

To get a record of the individual items in your order, open Marketplace and click the My Marketplace menu at the top of the page. Select My Account >> Order History from the pulldown menu. If you do not receive items within about 24 hours, you should cut and paste the information about a missing item from that Order History and send it in a IM or notecard to the merchant, along with a polite message requesting redelivery. Most merchants are very kind and willing to redeliver. This happens all the time and they are aware of it. Do be patient, though. Not everyone logs in to SL every day or checks their e-mail. If you still haven't heard in another day or two, follow it up with a second polite note and finally, if you STILL haven't heard, file a support ticket at https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/ , selecting Marketplace from the pulldown menu.

You need to confirm the money was taken out of your account, and then contact the merchant that the money was sent to. Tell them the situation, and copy and paste your transactions in chat for them to see. Most will very happy resend you the product that you orders, barring any permissions specific problems.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4447 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.