Product That Works w/ MarketPlace "Magic Box", Testers Wanted

Sieben Ochs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3865 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Reflect solutions is currently seeking a tester base for its ANS enabled product "ANS/2". This product enables sellers of MarketPlace items to do various things (All from the "Magic Box" itself.). More to come later, such as :

1. Thank buyers for a purchase.

2. Invite buyer to the product group.

3. Gift the buyer with another item as a thank you.

4. Reports the buyers name to a outside object.

5. Reports the item bought to a outside object.

If you would like to be a tester please send a notecard with the title "ANS/2 Tester Application" to "Sieben Ochs". In it tell me a little about you and your shop. Testing spots will be limited. And are on a first come first serve basis.

What this involves:

You get a freely usable product for your marketplace items, in return for you testing. If you fail to report testing results, your product charges will not be extended without a fee.

For more information and a show of the product visit :

ANS/2  (MarketPlace listing to ANS/2 that works fully with the "Magic Box".)

To test exactly what this is buy the 0L Test Box on MarketPlace. On send of the item ANS/2 will thank you for the purchase from that "Magic Box". It is a 1 prim default cube (box) .. nothing special about it itself. Try it yourself.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Test-Delivery-Box/3196213

---

Future developments will include:

Object Tracking (hour/day/week/month)

Buyer Tracking (hour/day/week/month) (Tracking buyers specifically or in total)

Purchased amounts (hour/day/week/month)

Sold Units (hour/day/week/month)

Specific Actions For Items

And more ...

---

Once this is done extraction methods of data will be restricted to ANS enabled products solely from Reflect Solutions. It is enabled limitedly for others to build companion products of their own. This will end after the testing phase is completed.

Dear Miss,

Here is just a few snippets to read.

"After Direct Delivery is available in production, Merchants will be able to choose the delivery method until Magic Boxes are retired (over time, using a phased retirement process). More details will be provided closer to the retirement of Magic Boxes."

"What about gifting, ANS, and so on?Working with the beta merchants, we are reviewing and testing the way various current functionality will be addressed with Direct Delivery:Automated Notification System (ANS): ANS allows you to integrate Marketplace notifications with your back-end operations either via your website or scripted object in Second Life. It will be replaced with a similar functionality in Direct Delivery to address the same goals and will use the same format as is currently in use to ease migration. "

ANS is NOT disappearing with the new system. It is being reinvented =) And Magic Boxes will slowly be phased out .. not a bam ok you are to do this or be left out. Theres still a lot of time I assure you before the slowly phased out comes to pass. And even when that happens ANS itself will NOT be gone. It will exist within the new system. So the application for this to continue. Here and now and in the future is just the same =)

The snippets and other details can be found here :

MarketPlace Direct Delivery FAQ

With that said and since this is a request for testers. You may either request to be one of the testers. Or hope my product sees a nice life even past the reinvention of ANS on the new system.

Kind Regards,

Sieben Ochs "seven"

Reflect Solutions

I will say to others since it seems to be needed on a mention to read :

MarketPlace Direct Delivery FAQ

ANS is NOT being done away with. ANS will in FACT be usable with "Magic Boxes" until the end of their life. As well as with the new system. With that again said, and out of the way. Open enrollment for testers to my new system for current and future applicable means. Is under way. Send a notecard with information on you and your shop if interested to "Sieben Ochs".

ANS with direct delivery will only send data to a static URL. Since my understanding if your solution is one that picks up linked message data from the magic box? or has the ANS Target set as the magic box object, it will NOT work when boxes are retired.

ANS will continue yes, but not by sending data to inworld objects. At thus point this product will not work.

Read the dd faq for details.

ANS scripting will not be retired. It will still continue to work even in the new implimentation. Only the "Magic Boxes" themselves are retiring. Not the ability to script into ANS. ANS scripting if you actually read will continue. So that scripters and merchants can further take advantage of it.

From the FAQ iitself :

Automated Notification System (ANS): ANS allows you to integrate Marketplace notifications with your back-end operations either via your website or scripted object in Second Life. It will be replaced with a similar functionality in Direct Delivery to address the same goals and will use the same format as is currently in use to ease migration.

---

"ANS will continue yes, but not by sending data to inworld objects. At thus point this product will not work."

Misconception alert .. this product isn't connected fully with the "Magic Box". Works "WITH" is the key word here. Please read below. Which states a bit of what you have said. As well as what it does.

---

And on a personal note if I may. If you don't like something or don't care about something. Don't flame a thread about the conditions which you feel is important (when you have no possible way of knowing the way its entirely scripted/works).

There is no statement you will find that supports the logic that ANS will die off with "Magic Boxes" (So this product WILL survive PAST "Magic Boxes"). This product isn't fully connected with the "Magic Box". Rather a outside server that integegrates with the scripted item. When "Magic Boxes" are finally retired. Work will be still under way to enabling itself with the new method of ANS.

Edit: Forgot to mention, for those that may notice its a outside service interaction. Myself, Reflect Solutions, nor anyone connected with Reflect Solutions. Collects or stores any personally identifying information or habits. We respect your privacy.

Please have a wonderful day,

Sieben Ochs

[Reflect Solutions]

P.S. I can see lots of ill-concieved logics also being applied to my A-Star implimentation. Now that LL has pathing coming. And that again will not die off because of the new pathing .. rather I'll work to advance it. Its a old script and a fun one. Where it calculates pathing points around objects. I'll see what I can add to it also for further advancement on the pathing calls.

I am a programmer in real life (this is not just a scripter, C/C++ that's a programmer). So I am trying to add what I can to the community in its limited scripted language.

Sieben, there's no flame from me here. 

I know exactly how ANS works with Direct Delivery, i've known for ages since i'm one of the two (with an interest in ANS) who were involved in the closed beta.

What has been stated is that ANS data with DD will ONLY be sent to a static URL and as such via the configiguration on the set up page cannot in itself be sent to an inworld object.

Now of course, it's entirely possible for you to script it to receive data to your offworld server and then send it anywhere you like, including inworld objects yourself but LL have absolved themselves of this task.  I highlighted this change in the forums since this gem was buried in FAQ http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merchants/ANS-and-Direct-Delivery/m-p/1331073/highlight/true#M14089

So as long as you're not expecting to configure an object destination like you can with xstreet page and all you get is data from a configured URL then you'll be fine.  This is all that you need to know in order to make sure it works.

You yourself implied constraints by describing it as "works w/Marketplace "Magic Box"", this process will die with the Magic Box and even put suggestions of a timeframe by adding that it will have value for several months.

I'm a champion of ANS, I'm just saying that the information about how it will work with Direct Delivery is out there now so make those changes and then change the marketing angle as there will be many inworld scripted objects that will suddenly stop when they cannot receive ANS data directly.

Given that the business name is "Reflect Solutions", there's a great marketing hook here to stress that this product can reflect the data back to inworld objects to provide previous functionality that LL have removed.

Also, don't forget that MP can only configure one URL as a destination, a nice value add would be to mirror that on your service so that data would go to you, then you do your thing with it for this product function but ALSO then send the same data to any other user provided URL as they may wish to pass that on to their own vending system.

Seriously, make the small changes for the DD URL destination only and remove any Magic Box tie in and you're fine :)

^This^

Seiben I had no intention of flaming your thread either and apologize if you took it that way,  I wish you the best of luck.  However, what Sassy said is true.  The creator of the system I use already is in beta testing with a ANS system that Sassy described and says it will be ready to go very soon. 

Considering the fact that so many problems with delivery have occurred with the MP and that direct delivery will supposedly alleviate some of them, many merchants will be switching over to the new system as soon as they can.  Even those that don't will have to eventually and may not be willing to invest in a system based on the Magic Box at this time.  Sassy has given you good advice from a consumers point of view.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3865 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.