Marketplace failure on "being delivered" products

Marina Ramer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4451 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I would like to know if any other Merchant has today the problem that I am experiencing

I started contating my customers one by one, the ones who stayed in the category "being delivered" since one or two days and passed to the status NOT PAID after a time

I have a long list that I just submited on a ticket of a lot of purchases for a total of 11455 lindens that they clearely say NOT paid but customers HAD got the product..

I submitted to linden today a ticket with all the details of my transactions plus all my chat logs with many of the customers who did not payed me and got the product

I would like to know of Linden and Marketplace will be resposible of their failuare and of this money that I lost

It is very low for me to keep contacting every client and to have to ask for my money I think liden is the one who should fix their mistake one way or another.

I am waiting for a ticket response about this and also I would like to know if all of you have same trouble

And if you are a merchant and you didnt checked this please do

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merchants/MP-Down/td-p/1382063

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merchants/Explanation-is-due/td-p/1383939

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merchants/Magic-Boxes-delivered-over-8-orders-but-no-L-received/td-p/1383083

Short Version

On 14 february MP broke/screwed up. Orders were freezed (queued) for hours and hours. Eventually items were sent from magic boxes (in most cases), customer account were charged (in most cases, if not all), but merchants got nothing and their transaction history still shows those order as being delivered, or failed.

Same exact thing is happening to me.  I have 148 transactions shown as UNDELIVERED.  I have been contacting customers and so far every one of them says they got their item.  I checked my transactions to see if I was paid for that item and I was not. 

Correct me if I am wrong but from what I have read, my understanding is that when a transaction goes stale, the lindens hold the money for about 8 hours.  Then if the transaction goes through as delivered, the money is automatically sent to the seller.  If the transactions shows undelivered after 8 hours, the money goes back to the buyer.  I have bought before, transaction went stale and the next day, I will see a refund of my money.  My worry is, that marketplace is not recognizing deliveries and all this money from sales, will go back to the buyers who already have the products. 

many have the same problem as you and there are a few threads out there now with ongoing discussions. This is one: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merchants/Explanation-is-due/td-p/1383939

I have the same issue, but just for 3 transactions. the products were delivered but i received no lindens. i am small-time :) so for me it was just a matter of about 150L.

however, i would caution against asking your customers to pay you directly until LL tells us what they plan to do with those 'Being Delivered' transactions that are in limbo right now. you may be asking the customers to pay twice for your product: the first time (LL has the L$), the second time paying you manually. that may offend them.

in fact, for "good customer service" policy, i would not ask the customers for that money regardless what happens. instead, i would submit a ticket to LL with the details of the transactions where you were not paid and request that they pay your account what you are due. it's not the customer's fault.

many or most of the customers have already paid, its just that LL hasn't paid the merchants the L$ that they are due.

Hi,

I have also submitted a ticket with a list of my Marketplace items that are "being delivered."  I would imagine it will take a little while for all these orders to get resolved and merchants paid, but I do believe it will be handled.

I would highly recommend filing a detailed ticket about any items shown "being delivered" so that Linden Lab can appreciate the scope of what happened yesterday.  There is a lot of $L in their escrow right now that definitely needs to get where it should be going.  If buyers received the merchandise, then merchants deserve to be paid.

Sera

Over 16 pages of items waiting delivery... and most of these will fail eventually. So no one gets their merchandise and no one will be paid for these items, and if you think people are going to want to pay for and receive items after Valentine's day you do not understand the nature of holiday gift giving.

If you want to go through and list all these for a ticket to LL, in between dealing with the hundreds of angry shoppers each upset they didn't get their items in time and each insisting since they paid for their items we must have their money (which is NOT the case)... you must have a lot more free time than us. Let's face it, asking merchants to list what records LL surely must have access to themselves is just a way for LL to limit the number of people they have to deal with.

And a final prediction... just like in the past LL will use this to push their own agenda... it'll be a reason they tell people we need to accept direct deliveries. No one will even ask what happens next time after direct deliveries start (and marketplace transactions are put onto the grid servers) what happens when deliveries happen at such a pace as to crash those servers? Next time, we won't be dealing with loss sales from the marketplace alone... as devestating as that was.

Sera Lok wrote:

I would highly recommend filing a detailed ticket about any items shown "being delivered" so that Linden Lab can appreciate the scope of what happened yesterday.  There is a lot of $L in their escrow right now that definitely needs to get where it should be going.  If buyers received the merchandise, then merchants deserve to be paid.

Sera

Yes exactly. Just give them a list of the transactions in limbo and they can "push them thorough". I got a ticket in early and mine have been fixed already.

Whoever was complaining about the work involved, all you have to do is download your CSV orders from MP (Reports >> Orders >> Download CSV), copy all those stuck at "undelivered" (or whatever) into a text or csv file and attach to a ticket.

Here's the link: https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/ Pick "Marketplace".

Exactly what I did, and got paid for my "being delivered" items which also show correctly as having been delivered now,

IHowever one would hope that given the magnitude of the problems yesterday LL would have some mechanism to automatically push these transaction through without the need for every merchant to raise a ticket to get something done.

Richie, It really wasn't that hard for me to go through and list 5 pages of transactions to send to LL.  Most of the "being delivered" orders were already sent while Marketplace was down yesterday. I was inworld most of yesterday watching all this happen.  I see it as part of my job to follow up when stuff like this happens, to ensure that I get paid.  

I'm not sure if you're directing all this negativity directly at me or at LL , or why you say "us," as I am a merchant too... but either way a lot of "us" already got really frustrated and angered yesterday, and started trying to deal with the issue.  There's nothing to be done about the sales we ALL lost yesterday when the marketplace was down, because as you say, these were Valentine's day items that go stale as soon as the day is over.  Yes, I was pissed, and very disappointed. But that's not going to stop me from making sure I get paid for the items that DID get ordered and delivered.

Either way, FWIW, several of my stalled transactions have been pushed through today.  In the same ticket, I was told that the team was working on a process to make sure all transactions got pushed through... not just those who have filed tickets.   So, luckily for you, you likely won't have to file a ticket to get paid for your 16 pages. ;)

Niall Braveheart wrote:

Exactly what I did, and got paid for my "being delivered" items which also show correctly as having been delivered now,

IHowever one would hope that given the magnitude of the problems yesterday LL would have some mechanism to automatically push these transaction through without the need for every merchant to raise a ticket to get something done.

Nod -  I was told in my ticket that they were working on an automated process and so they were not going to push the rest through, but let the process take care of the rest.  Fingers crossed. :)

I don't know if it was a result of the ticket i submitted or the automated process kicking in (described here, http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merchants/Update-Valentine-s-Day-Downtime/m-p/1385261#M15642) but I began seeing the transactions actually completing about 10 minutes after i submitted my ticket about 1.5 hours ago. Yay! Crosses fingers for other merchants who had lots of transactions in limbo.

ohn wrote:

I don't know if it was a result of the ticket i submitted or the automated process kicking in (described here,
but I began seeing the transactions actually completing about 10 minutes after i submitted my ticket about 1.5 hours ago. Yay! Crosses fingers for other merchants who had lots of transactions in limbo.

thanks for that link! I wish they would put this on the Merchant Home page on the marketplace so more people would actually see it... :/

Sera Lok wrote:

yep, I have more transactions going through now as well.

Well there are still other merchants out here (me included) who HAVE submitted tickets and have still NOT received our money.  It's midnight US central time now and I'm going to bed.  I will just hope that their "automated" system works since they have stopped personally helping those of us still waiting in the wings.

I am pretty sure all mine have been paid now, I have someone going through all the orders to check for sure, I didn't have to raise a ticket.

Although this is a massive **bleep** up that I would rather have avoided, and I do feel sorry for 192 of my customers who received their items too late, in the end I think I have probaly gained from this, because quite a number of customers bought stuff twice - so every cloud... :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

GRRRR! while I am here I see the stupid spam filter has seen fit to edit my post for me lest you are all offended by the word which describes a male bird, yes you know, begins with a C and rhymes with mock. I dont suppose anyone will read it but this is where the phrase comes from...

The British expression 'c0ck-up' isn't commonly used in the USA, where it is generally assumed to have a vulgar meaning. What they might make of Robert Burns' poem, which took the name of the old Scottish rhyme 'C0ck up your beaver', is best left to the imagination. What Burns was actually referring to was adorning a beaver fur hat by putting a c0ck's feather into it.

'C0ck', in the sense of this term, means 'stand up conspicuously', 'turn up at the edge', 'bend at an angle' etc. This is the sense of the early usage of the term 'c0ck-up', in the terms '**bleep**-up one's ears', 'c0ck-up one's nose'. In the 17th and 18th centuries people were also often advised to 'c0ck-up' their bonnets, eyes, even legs. The expression 'c0ck a snook' also derives from that same sense of 'c0ck'.

Marcus Hancroft wrote:

Sera Lok wrote:

yep, I have more transactions going through now as well.

Well there are still other merchants out here (me included) who HAVE submitted tickets and have still NOT received our money.  It's midnight US central time now and I'm going to bed.  I will just hope that their "automated" system works since they have stopped personally helping those of us still waiting in the wings.

Hi Marcus,

Have you gotten paid yet? I hope so!

Wondering if anyone else has seen data integrity issues continue since the V-Day debaucle was supposedly corrected.......?

I was contacted by a customer that stated they purchased two items on the Marketplace on the 14th. When i looked into it (and as of this moment) i noticed i had only one transaction from this customer in my transaction history on my dashboard - and NO record of either transaction in my MKTP transactions/orders.

I am filing a ticket but wanted to call this out here as an FYI - me thinks there are still some issues with the sales data integrity on the MKTPL....grumbles

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4451 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.