lost inventry

solange Palianta

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4425 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Hi solange. One explanation could be that these particular items from this one designer were copybotted or violated the DMCA somehow. In that case, they can have been taken out of your inventory by LL. It happened to me once for some items I had purchased long ago (these were paintings) and I don't recall having received any message from LL about that. But check your emails (including your spam) just in case.

For information:

http://secondlife.com/corporate/dmca.php

Edited due to RL phone call :smileyvery-happy: : Is the designer still around in SL? Have you tried to contact him? I would start by that if I were you. 

Yesterday, one of the datacenters used by LL fell over -- Rodvik was tweeting about it -- so I'm wondering if that may not have caused the problem.   As far as I understand it, LL notify you if they remove/replace stuff that's being taken down for copyright reasons, and it seems to me at least as plausible an explanation for everything by one particular designer vanishing that something's preventing stuff being fetched from the particular bit of the server where that designer's stuff lives.

I think, if you are a premium member, that a support ticket or call to Live Help would be in order, though I guess it makes sense to exhaust the other possibilities first.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4425 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.