The year plan by Lindens ???

greek Wingtips

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4425 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question I forgot to ask at the beginning of the new year, was what has lindens got in store for us and what future does SL hold and will these crashes.Bugs ECT  be finally sorted, I like many others are getting frustrated with having to spend more

time ironing out problems with viewers(dont matter who's) the server Lag issues, rebaking and what not.

I would like to see in the forums under General disscussion a monthly statements as to whats going on with SL and were are we heading, Its is a damm good virtual life/game and it would be  a ashame for it to fall by the wayside. but LL needs to

maybe invest some $$$$ or bring in new blood or something to fix these teething problems that really frustrait many of us.

To be honest: If it was not for My partner who livs in the USA and me UK I would have really considerd leaving SL only to the fact of the sheer frustation, so please LL if you do read these please let us know how and when you plan to fix things

All LL blogged about was the creation of artificial life. Like the Sims3 (remember where he new CEO comes from).

LL Doesn't have a vision whatsoever. Remember what Philip Rosedale once said in an interview: "All i wanted is to create the world's biggest Lego kit". 

And that's it as far as i can see. There never has been any vision at all except making money out of it which they do, about 70 million a year or so. Certainly they can afford the world's most expensive surf board now LOL.

What LL did was to create a hype in 2007 (almost all the known blogs were and still are contract and freelance writers for SL mainly living at the Bay area around the block of LL's building and some affiliated bloggers outside the US, even Twitter's office is a few blocks down the road. Their first server park were IBM rack server bought from the IBM office just around their corner), then quickly expand SL to about 30000 regions which is still the situation today. It is lean smart business i have to admit.

The hype is over since 2008/9, but LL has created a source of income for them with relatively minimum effort.

I mean... there we have it i suppose.

What can we expect... a status quo and in the meanwhile viewer upgrade after viewer upgrade while inworld little has changed since 2007. Mesh isn't a real change either, it's just another way for sculpties. The overal speed and reliability have improved since then i have to agree but lately i do experience déjà vu's.

The best place here to make suggestions is in the Forum Feedback area.  Look at the list of forums on the right side of the page and you will see it listed towards the bottom of the forum list.  There is no guarantee that any Linden will read your post in this area (or any other, for that matter).

You can also post to the my.secondlife.com/Linden.Lab feed page.  It is LL's version of FB (kind of).  You will have to log in using your username and password to get access to that area.  Then go to the Linden.Lab page.  Good luck!

these kinds of problems have been in sl since i can remember..it actually used to be a real trouble shooters place..it's gotten way better than way back then..

but if you were not here then...then it will seem bad now..

i still get frustrated at times with a crash or two here and there.. but it used to be something that  you just got used to awhile back..

it was normal to crash 5 to 10 times a sessions..but it was just too cool to quit lol

i do remember Rodvik talking about getting on some of the fixes this year..i hope thats something they are doing now..the market crash yesterday sure didn't assure me much of anything has been touched yet..

i guess i'll go and  see if it's even up and running yet ..lol

Linda Brynner wrote:

And that's it as far as i can see. There never has been any vision at all except making money out of it which they do,
about 70 million a year or so
. Certainly they can afford the world's most expensive surf board now LOL.

Try around $10-15 Mill Usd Net Profit and you'd be nearer the mark.  Tier Income alone is around $70-75 Mill a year (Main source of income), how can they have net profits of $70 mill?

Linda Brynner wrote:

The hype is over since 2008/9, but LL has created a source of income for them with relatively minimum effort.

I mean... there we have it i suppose.

Yep... there we have it!

LL has laid off employees. They keep expenses at a minimum and profits at a maximum.

The grid was innovative a decade ago. Now it's very archetecture is its own liability. It would cost $$ to fundamentally redesign it according to modern performance requirements. Why spend that kinduv $$ when top executives are doing just fine as is?

SL serves as cash cow to parasites. That's all its designed for. All decisions are based on the criterion of maximizing  those parasites' income. Nothing else is even taken into consideration.

Customer support costs $$. Don't expect any. Upgrades & improvements cost $$. Don't expect any.

Just keep paying tier and complaining on the forum. It's all anyone ever seems capable of doing.

Jeanne

Games are going to be the next big thing for SL....after Breedables.

Game developers should flourish as well as being highly profitable. Good scripting, website support and coding are key......as well as creating something that will appeal to the masses.

A couple years back, when M.Linden was pondering over a 70-sim Arts continent....i thought it would be a good idea do create one for Games. I also thought there should be a Museum type continent....of the best (ex) Sims that SL had......a kind of showcase and part of Newbie's initial tour...along with the Arts & Gaming Continents...in the hope that it would boost retention rates.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4425 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.