I was not worthy of a Valentine

PudgyPaddy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3526 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The old saying of not looking for love is often true. 

I  recently watched a movie where one of the acctresses discusses looking for love.  She compared it to looking for lady bugs.  She searches and searches for lady bugs in a field but can't find any.  Finally she lays down in the field exhausted from looking for them.  Wakes up later covered in lady bugs.

I wish you much luck.

:)

I recently split with my partner. We had turned sl into rl and had been living together when it ended. I really thought Valentines Day was going to be heartbreaking, but do you know what? My friends came along and gave me the best day of my life!! 

We danced and we laughed all day...I just want you to know that's what sl is all about...being with the friends that love you for being you.

Step One:  Decide you are worthy and stop whining

Step Two:  Realize that the world does not revolve around you and reach out to people in a meaningful way.  What I mean is start thinking about how you approach conversations - are you anxious to talk about yourself and your issues, or are you genuinly curious about the people you meet and their interests and/or issues? 

Step Three:  Is your "picker" broken?  I have met way too many people that invest way too much energy in people/relationships that were doomed to begin with - set your standards high and learn to read people and many will tell you what you need to know without realizing it... if you listen closely and don't discount what they say ("oh he didn't mean that" or "she was just kidding") people will reveal their true selves, pay attention to it.

I didn't receive any Valentines either. But it's okay, it doesn't bother me. I just keep doing what I normally do, hang out and roleplay at all my usual places, and then I completely forget that it's Valentine's day. Which is pretty much what I do in real life too, since I don't receive any Valentines there either, but it doesn't bother me for the same reason.

But what I find is that if you're in a common area, and there is a chat going on, if you join in, you might end up making friends or catching the eye of a potential love interest. As someone mentioned earlier, when you stop looking, that's when you start finding, and that's the philosophy I follow in RL as well.

Celebee wrote:As someone mentioned earlier, when you stop looking, that's when you start finding, and that's the philosophy I follow in RL as well.

When you stop looking is when you get hit by a bus. If you don't look, you might suddenly wonder years from now where all the time went. This is not a dress rehearsal. The camera is rolling, it's time for action.

Hello PudgyPaddy. I understand that you imagine differently your next Valentine's day and really i wish you to find soon what you are looking for. On the other side love is something multidimensional. I explain. Someone is possible to fall in love with his job. Someone else with the sea. With the sky. With the sun. With a Gaudi's creation or with a Dali's painting. With something else. Under this prism every day you can celebrate your "Valentine's day" even you are single.

Randall Ahren wrote:

When you stop looking is when you get hit by a bus. If you don't look, you might suddenly wonder years from now where all the time went. This is not a dress rehearsal. The camera is rolling, it's time for action.

But the thing is, is it really necessary to seek for another partner? I personally feel that if it comes for you, it's good, but when it doesn't, there are a lot of things I can do to make up for it. And anyway, when it comes, I'll know it's there and that's where I'll take action. But I'm not actively going to seek it out.

I mean, yes, I would like to get married and have children one day, but it's not something that I completely, 100% must have.

Haven't checked my messages on the dashboard, but one guy did send me some messages on another site. The actual day I was feeling sad because of some bad stuff in one of my friend's lives..Just finding the messages yesterday and today. Unusual for me, so I'd say it was not bad, for a change. In rl, nothing to say...

Expection is the mother of disappointment. 

Valentine's day is a construct to remind people who may otherwise not be so inclined that occassionally they should do romantic gestures for their partners. 

It isn't a matter of worth. I have been in a relationships on V-day for most of my adult life, and I believe the last time that someone got me for it, was my mom. I guess she got me cookies this year, too. But it's not something that's a big deal to many.  I didn't get anything for my partner, but I bought my assistant in world some poses and that was just a timing thing. 

Do not feel bad, I mean a lot of people are alone and their only valentine resides, well, nevermind...

Here is some more bad news - Yesterday was president's day, one of the 365 days a year when matresses are on sale yet no one bought me a new matress.

At work though, This kid was there with his dad and told me "Happy president's day".

I honest to God did not know how to react to that.

There are so many stupid holidays though that if we had to buy for someone on all of them, we would be even MORE broke and in debt.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3526 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.