What is your guilty pleasure...in music ..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3179 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My guilty pleasure in music is the Backstreet Boys, yeah yeah I know..kind of silly...lol,  but my daughter used to plaster her walls with posters of them when she was younger and they kinda grew on me ...  Here is one of my favorite videos from them...

/me walks away still feeling sort of silly for liking this  ;)

My guilty pleasure in music?  Oh my god..........The Who?  Bon Jovi?  Journey?  George Straight?  Nat King Cole?   Reba McIntyre?  Bonnie Rait?  Eminimem (somehow I think I spelled the wrong)?    And more recently, Adele, Band Perry, Taylor Swift, Blake Sheldon. Miranda Lambert. 

I'm mixed up....but I really don't feel guilty at all.  :)

Saraya Starr wrote:

My guilty pleasure in music is the Backstreet Boys, yeah yeah I know..kind of silly...lol,  but my daughter used to plaster her walls with posters of them when she was younger and they kinda grew on me ...  Here is one of my favorite videos from them...

/me walks away still feeling sort of silly for liking this 
;)

there is nothing wrong with that song..it is a good song..=)

i'm not a boyband fan or anything ..but once in awhile a good song does pop out from them =)

here are a couple of the songs i really  liked..and still do hehehe

i was just amazed at how young and talented these guys were

Saraya Starr wrote:

/me walks away still feeling sort of silly for liking this 
;)

i can't listen to that song with out thinking of 

http://grooveshark.com/s/We+re+All+Gay+Backstreet+Boys/u0JPb?src=5 or

http://grooveshark.com/s/Ebay+Song/2p7mds?src=5

i can't believe i'm admitting this but my guilty pleasure is

/me hangs her head in shame 

Back in High School I was suppose to be some die hard metal head, but now I can't remember were those MetallicA CDs went to while I tend to most listen to Country music like Trace Adkins.  Also while YouTube'ing lately I've been listening a lot to the techno/industrial stuff like Eisenfunk and Neurotech.  God I need help :smileyfrustrated:

Randall Ahren wrote:

Saraya Starr wrote:

Alright Jeanne, you are right !
;)
  No guilt ever, we like what we like, what gives us pleasure
:)

And if what gives you pleasure causes someone else pain, what then? Still no guilt?

Yep!

Still no guilt ...

Your own problem.

You don't like what I do, don't listen to it.

Own your own pain.

Jeanne

Not guilty...not any more. But if you're a rock fan among rock fans, liking this one as much as I do can bring you some attitude. Knutz knows what I'm talking about. A pretty good country singer once said something like "If we could all be just what we wanted, we'd sing just like George Jones."

And this next isn't music, but in a way it's a guilty pleasure. We're all taught that beauty is only skin deep so we shouldn't get all engrossed in looking at it. I couldn't look away from this one. Guilty. She's Bar Rafaeli, an Israeli model. He's Chris Paul, an NBA all star. He's listed at 6'0" meaning he's probably about 5 10 1/2"—you have to know something about the NBA to realize what it means that he's one of their superstars—I just mentioned it so you wouldn't wonder if Bar was 7 feet tall.

We should like that photograph of the woman in the burka holding the wounded guy against the mosque wall (and believe me, I DO. Great photograph all by itself but given the cultural/historical/political meanings...) and just kind of skip past stuff like this, but if you can't find someone/something to like in this picture....well then you're just too hard to please.

Bar and Chris.jpg 

Saraya Starr wrote:

Oh I know there is nothing wrong with the song, but when the subject of music comes up and I say well I like them, I get odd looks and a laugh..lol . I also like this one from them... 
;)

ya i like that one also..i just figure if people are looking at the band and not hearing the music then they shouldn't be looking at anyone funny..

because they turned them off before they even heard them..those people are missing out because of the cd cover LOL

let them look at you funny..there is a reason for it..they just don't understand what good music really is..

it's what makes you feel good not just them =)

i love good harmony and soul no matter where it comes from..

some of the best is right here*winks*

(R.I.P.) Lisa

I like some younger artists and some many other musicians would probably cringe at-Taylor  Swift, Barry Manilow, and at least one Matchbox20 song. But I also like Jamie Cullum, who's pretty cool.  I like Josh Groban, too, but I know some men aren't fans. Yes I like some smooth jazz, classic rock, modern country, like Lady Antebellum, too. Who is or isn't a guilty pleasure is up to individual interpretation, I think.

I don't have any guilty pleasures in music, good music can come from any direction. I have a habit of singin whatever happens to be in my head, the people around me aren't suprised by anything I might be ruining at any given moment lol.

I could keep going, but I'll stop here :matte-motes-nerdy::smileyvery-happy:

@Ceka, Push It was Salt 'n Peppa's best work. Everybody likes that. Are you sure you would not want to revise your selection? You would be the winner then.

@Drake, you win for Air Supply.

@Peggy, I like your Hanson selection 2nd best of all posted in this thread.

@Dillion, I give you 3rd for the country song.

@UncommonTruth, your country song was good, but the guy shot himself. I can't take that kind of ending.

@Dres, I couldn't see your video. Something about I don't live in the correct part of the world.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3179 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.