Is the MP running painfully slow for everyone else?

Chelsea Malibu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4447 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Now that the MP is back up, does it seems to be painfully slow? I know it is always slow but it's slower than normal.  Slow always means less revenues as has been proven by extensive testing from Bing, Yahoo, Goggle, Shopzilla, Overstock and many others. 

I wonder what the impact is on SL users. Do they buy less? Are abandonment rates higher?  When you are on the bottom end of performance one can only guess since they have no performance values to gage this against being that it is always one of the slowest e-commerce sites out there.

But does it really matter to LL?  This is the question I think we would all love to hear as Rodvik had said that the MP was not a serious revenue center for them.  If this is the case, why did they buy it and why do they manage it themselves instead of contracting this to a third party with expertise in this area?

I would really love to see a formal statement on their position with the MP especially after today's outage and their goals for the future of MP.  Not by way of "cool" features but from a business directive of their goals.

not just slow but my magic box delivered over $3000 in products this morning and I only got payed for one of them the marketplace site says they weren't delivered but I confirmed that they received delivery by asking a few of them=( you have to love liddens maintenance is it me or every time they touch something they make something else worst?

maybe that's the best way ... vote with feet, er, fingers.

was thinking, maybe we just need a markeplace web site where no L$ changes hand on the marketplace. all the pics, descriptions, info is there, just not the L$ transactions, but WITH precise slurl direclty to product/place to purchase in world, no general slurls.

wouldn't that make it more fun inworld?

the downside to that idea is that it would raise the cost of products as the creators would have to pay tier for land and honastly most people dont earn enuff off there creations to afford the land to display all there products without asking absurd amounts of liddens for there products.

what if this marketplace was changed to work that way, or what if merchants and customers changed to use it that way? it is a good tool for finding things, just (apparently) really bad when it comes to transactions and deliveries. aside from the events of yesterday, i constantly see partial delivery failures in my customer's purchases when they use the shopping cart. i see a disconnect in the time between messages from my magic box and messages from the marketplace. and when i shop myself, the speed of delivery is not dependable. if i can't plan to spend a couple of hours in world at least, i try not to buy things from the marketplace.

the only thing left to pay for would be enhancements, for those that wanted them.

so my question would be how much money do merchants lose now, from failed deliveries, angry customers, marketplace failures, etc.

and when a merchant does not have an inworld store now and the marketplace fails, they have few options, so with a long-term view, which really costs more, selling with a tool that has regular failures and frequently angers customers, some of whom blame the merchants or selling in world with a predictable cost of tier.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4447 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.