who in their right mind ??????

greek Wingtips

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3886 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

greek Wingtips wrote:

who in the thier right mind on one of the bussiest days of the year decided to do a maintenace on market place, OMG the person who made that desion should really go onto a bussiness course   , crazy really crazy

ya it went down right after i bought my barn..so my transaction i guess is sitting there..i have no idea why i bought it on the market place..i guess since they did not sell my house inworld  that i thought the barn was this way also..

i mean it had to be 5 minutes after  i clicked buy that it went down ..so i am stuck hoping in 8 hours i can get it inworld rather than who knows how long the market will be down getting it..

my valentine is gonna be home in a couple of hours anyways..so i guess i won't be needing it until he goes to work tomorrow..that is if he has the strength to go tomorrow.. lol

They use a low end, low cost asset system that is not designed for enterprise applications S3 from Amazon.  Amazon themselves do not use S3 for their music and retail sites as it's just not built for mission critical applications.

Until they decide to break with a few buck for infrastructure and hire some top level DBA's this will be ongoing.

Too bad too since they where off to what seemed like a good start but the MP has been plagued with troubles since they bought it. 

i guess Rodvik felt the need to say something on twitter..this was on the FC group..

[updated] Second Life Marketplace Offline
[uPDATED 11:21AM PST, 14 February 2012] We are continuing to work toward a resolution for the Second Life Marketplace issues. All orders placed before the Marketplace went offline are still processing, and will begin being delivered after the maintenance is completed. We will update this blog with more details when we have more information.

Ceka Cianci wrote:

i guess Rodvik felt the need to say something on twitter..this was on the FC group..

[uPDATED 11:21AM PST, 14 February 2012] We are continuing to work toward a resolution for the Second Life Marketplace issues. All orders placed before the Marketplace went offline are still processing, and will begin being delivered after the maintenance is completed. We will update this blog with more details when we have more information.

Funny they can't seem to call it what it is...an OUTAGE which is definitely not Maintenance.  Actually makes them sound more incompetent by saying that since 'who in their right mind' would do Maintenance on one of the bustiest days of the year.

Chelsea Malibu wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Funny they can't seem to call it what it is...an OUTAGE which is definitely not Maintenance.  Actually makes them sound more incompetent by saying that since 'who in their right mind' would do Maintenance on one of the bustiest days of the year.

well atleast there is a backup system..inworld shopping :smileyvery-happy:

greek Wingtips wrote:

who in the thier right mind on one of the bussiest days of the year decided to do a maintenace on market place, OMG the person who made that desion should really go onto a bussiness course   , crazy really crazy

They did maintenance to fix problems that had already taken the site offline.

A large number of merchants were not paid by LL for things that were delivered and paid for. Many found out only because their Magic Box notified them of the delivery; others got not notice at all and no sales record but a customer contacted them about a support issue or other question.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3886 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.