llShout to rez objectory

InBeTwine Exonar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3876 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Folks,

Trying to rez an object (Target_01) from an nearby object (Object A) that is listening for an llShout event from a far object (Object B - at approx 80 meters). When I test the script, Object A registers that it has heard the shout but does not go on to rez Target_01. Below is my script:

string object = "Target_01";
{
    state_entry()
    {
       llListen(-5001,"", NULL_KEY, "Show Target_01");
    }

listen(integer channel, string name, key id, string m)
    {
        if(m ==  "Show Target_01")
        llSay(0,"Heard!");
        state Rez;
    }
}

state Rez
{
    state_entry()
    {
        llRezObject("Target_01", llGetPos() + <0,-12,-2>,<0,0,0>,<0,0,0,0>,0);
        llResetScript();
    }
}

The object (Object a) that is doing the rezzing is within 10 meters of the target for the object to be rezzed (Target_01): I am trying to send a shout to Object a to trigger the rez. This is my idea of getting around the distance restriction on rezzing an object - the idea is to have an object capable of rezzing within the 10 meter limit and communicating with that object from a distance to trigger the rez.

Most my stuff rezzes things and since I been making things with the big prim sizes I have found that they can rez at greater distances, try it with one prim, my aircraft carrier prim is 30x30x10 with the 10 cut to 2m, it rezzes my 38m length destroyer 18 meters in the y -18 and the supply ships the other side, if it was limited to 10 then I would not be able to rez anything out side it, I was all ready to add rez prims on the sides , but was amazed when I found out I didn't need to, the rez distance must be related to the prim size.

--||-

That's fascinating, Lucinda.  I can't find any logic to the way it behaves, but you are right.  You can easily rez an object well beyond 10m from the center of the rezzer.  The odd thing is that I can rezz up to 31m away if I have a 30x 30 x 1m rezzer, but up to 20m away if I have a 15 x 15 x 1m rezzer.  Neither one makes sense to me. Your note led me to believe that I might be able to rez as far away as the rezzer's maximum dimension -- surprising in itself -- but apparently you can rez up to some random distance beyond even that.  This is not what I would have expected at all.  I'll do some more experiments to see if there is a rule of some kind that would predict the maximum rez distance.  If you or anyone else knows what it is, though, I'd love to know.  And again, the wiki ought to be updated once we know what's going on.  This is cool.  :smileyhappy:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3876 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.