MP Down??

Teagan Parnas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Received email from Dakota Linden a little while ago in response to my support request. This said that:

This is a residual issue from the problems that occurred on 14 Feb 2012 on the Marketplace web site.

We have pushed through the orders that were stuck in the Being Delivered State and your account has now been credited for those sales.

All transaction showing previously as "being delivered" have now gone through, and money has been paid.

I hope everyone else will receive their lindens too. 

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Emma Krokus wrote:

Received email from Dakota Linden a little while ago in response to my support request. This said that:

This is a residual issue from the problems that occurred on 14 Feb 2012 on the Marketplace web site.

We have pushed through the orders that were stuck in the Being Delivered State and your account has now been credited for those sales.

All transaction showing previously as "being delivered" have now gone through, and money has been paid.

Good to know.  I was waiting to see if this would be cleared up without filing a ticket but given it's been over 24hrs I've filed one myself.

Emma Krokus wrote:

Mine are still in "Being Delivered" status and no money has been paid to me for them.  Another lie by the commerce team.  

/me shakes his head in disgust

:manmad:

On edit:  I opened a support ticket just now for my orders.  I guess EVERYBODY has to open tickets to get their monies.

Arwen Serpente wrote:

I've been waiting all day to see funds credited like you Marcus. I just filed a support ticket, too. Thank you for the head's up.

Howdy, Arwen

You're welcome.  I just hope they get everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) finally credited, fixed, repaired, logged, the people responsible for the Valentines Day Massacre fired, and all issues corrected for all the merchants. 

I used Marketplace --> Marketplace General Issues

Then I copy/pasted this info:

February 14, 2012
    * Order #xyz
    * Order Status: Being delivered
    * Number of items in order: 1
    * Number of items from your store: 1
    * Total charged by your store: L$
    * Total received by your store before fees: L$0
    * Customer: (Name here)
Item Name Undelivered L$Not paid Customer Not available for redelivery 

Call it "file 13"... because everyone knows none of this will be solved... in fact a few hours after it happened (the marketplace crash) LL's grid status indicted it was back up and all fixed, which is what they now say the status is. No problems everything now fixed. Good luck to all merchants dealing with all this and their unhappy customers.

Even on the 15th, 20% of deliveries are failing.

>Even on the 15th, 20% of deliveries are failing.

That is, 20% of what people are even bothering to order at this point, which, in my case is a fraction of a normal rate of orders.

The total economic consequences of this incident will ultimately be much larger than just the lost sales you can actually see documented. 

On the upside, maybe they got their expected 13 March pooch-screw out of the way a month early.

A major improvent is that, in addition to acknowledging the problem more quickly than previous problems, they also didn't first tell us to expect this not to happen as a result of something they weren't going to do without warning us. 

omg.. i just got this message in response to my ticket....

"A comment has been added to your Case..

Case: 01343972
Type: Failed Marketplace Delivery
  Hello Drake1,

Thank you for contacting Linden Lab Support.  I want to apologize for the delay in responding to your ticket.  I know it is frustrating having to wait on a resolution, but we are working hard to improve the response time.  

I'm sorry to learn of your delivery problems! Second Life Marketplace deliveries can fail to appear in inventory for a variety of reasons:

1. While shopping and inworld, you either minimized your Second Life viewer or were inactive too long, which put you in "away" mode. All inventory transfers are auto-declined while you are in "away" mode. Declined inventory can sometimes be located in the "Trash" folder.

2. While shopping and inworld, you put yourself in "busy" mode. Again, just like being away, all inventory transfers are auto-declined while you are in "busy" mode.

3. While shopping and offline, your IMs were capped. The Second Life system gives the same treatment to all inventory transfers and offline communications (IMs, notices from scripted devices, etc.), and will turn them off after you reach a certain number of messages.

4. The Region you're in is having problems. This can affect deliveries even if you're logged out of Second Life."

Seriously!?!?!? you guys screwed up the marketplace and somehow its my fault i didn't get my items?!?!?

TatianaDokuchic Varriale wrote:

Emma Krokus wrote:

Good to know.  I was waiting to see if this would be cleared up without filing a ticket but given it's been over 24hrs I've filed one myself.

Just to follow up, my account has been credited and so this support case is now closed.

I'm glad you got your money, Miss Tatiana.  However, there are those of us out here that are STILL seeing sales in the "Being Delivered" status.  I posted a support ticket this morning, but, I still do not have my money.  I'm glad the rest of you have gotten yours, but I hope they don't forget us little guys sitting out here in wings waiting too. 

->Seriously!?!?!? you guys screwed up the marketplace and somehow its my fault i didn't get my items?!?!?

Of course it's your fault.

You logged on and tried to use their service instead of cashing out and canceling your account, which is what any decent lawyer might have advised you to do back in September.

LL is basically surfing on our stupidity at this point.

If my costs were any higher, I wouldn't bother to wait for any more money to dribble in.

I might ask why others are even still here if SLM is costing them more than it's paying them.

Is it me, or is the MP and the Dashboard down now?

edited: the Dashboard is back now, but the MP is still "problem loading page"

edited: nope, the Dashboard is MIA again

edited: and Support is down too.  "

Support System Is Down

The system encountered a problem processing you request. Please try again, or check the status blog for more information.

edited to add: and status blog is down:

Unable to connect       
          Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at status.secondlifegrid.net.

Network Outage

Posted by Status Desk on February 16th, 2012 at 01:41 pm PST

[postED 1:41PM PST, 16 February 2012] We are experiencing an outage which may have caused some Residents to be logged out of Second Life.  Some regions will also be unavailable. Secondlife.com, the Marketplace and our support services for tickets and live chat are also unavailable.  We are working on the outage and will update this blog as more information is available.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4446 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.