MP Down??

Teagan Parnas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4424 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Same by me.

7 Items delivered (a small part from the large open Pack) and I see only from 2 Items the Linden in my Account History

That can not be and is not the first time, that the Magic Box send Items to Customer and the Merchant becomes not at the same Time the Linden for it, cause the Customer had payed.
I know they work on it but .. how long? Its from starting in the New Year and the Issues will be more and more and more.....

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's only 1995 and ecommerce is a new thing.

By the year 2000 purchasing items online will be smooth and mostly bug free.

By 2005 you won't feel the need to check up on your transactions, they hardly ever go wrong in ecommerce.

By 2012 your items will arrive faster than you can flip windows to check on it, and your transaction reports will contain the full path that delivery and transactions have taken in every step of the process. You'll be able to import a years worth of sales data into Quickbooks and have everything reconcile with no manual tweaking whatsoever.

Patience, we'll get to 2012 yet!

Now you cant even get to the MP website. I guess that is a good thing of sorts so more people dont buy what they cant get. But I was going to personaly contact all the people that had a purchase qued and explain to them LL has messed up MP again and to offer another soultion to them for buying and delivering the items even if I had to do it myself one by one . I am fairly new to selling on the MP and I finnaly have made had something that people want and I was very hopefull to make alot of sales today I hope they get it fixed soon.

I am not a new resident just this is my first post

Brooke and team obviously aren't going to listen to ANY of us, Toy.  The Marketplace is completely down again now.  This just reinforces my feeling that we just need to do any and ALL shopping inworld and forget this Marketplace crap! 

If you don't have an inworld store people...you better find a place a get one going and I mean TODAY!  Else...you can forget your sales. :(

You know it would be nice if when they did this they would at least let the merchants view the orders so we could take care of our customers. Ok I know they might have to take the whole web site down to fix it but they could set up a program to email merchants their open orders history that way we would have some kind of information to contact our customers...

This might be vitural life but it is REAL money !!!

Kylie Jaxxon wrote:

Shaleene Kenin wrote:

It's like you say: It's your choice to play Second Life.....or not. But yet.... that is not the solution

You don't think that if MP was a ghost town, LL would be forced to make changes? :smileysurprised:

You bet they would, Miss Kylie!  And I bet you it would happen on the double quick too!

Toysoldier, now i understand why merchants are so upset. I'm not a merchant, just a buyer, and i was following the JIRA about the delayed deliveries since the beginning, this is 3 month now, just too see what is going on.
Almost no communication whatsoever from them, just a couple of very short "formal" replies. Acually they even fixed the delays a week ago. (well, they fixed it a couple of times :/  )
They demonstrated abolutelly no regards for any customer and merchant of the MP by just letting them run into the delays, the broken carts etc. etc. No warning on MP's page that there are huge delays, no shortening of timeouts to cut down time until delivery where going failed.... Just nothing :/

So what an incredible dumb idea to run whatever they tried to run today.

UPDATE: Finally they warn us customers, how  nice from them:

Second Life Marketplace is down for maintenance.

Sorry for any inconvenience. It'll be back online soon!

(this is shown right now on the MP)

Jessicaann Wrigglesworth wrote:

You know it would be nice if when they did this they would at least let the merchants view the orders so we could take care of our customers. Ok I know they might have to take the whole web site down to fix it but they could set up a program to email merchants their open orders history that way we would have some kind of information to contact our customers...

This might be vitural life but it is REAL money !!!

Brooke and her team do NOT communicate with the Merchants.  They don't care to, and furthermore...don't WANT to.  They'd have a lot of explaining to do if they did and nobody on the commerce team wants to DO any explaining.  Nor do they have any interest in providing Merchants with any services that would help us with our customers.  So you can just forget all of the "they coulds" in your wish.  It won't happen. 

Jessicaann Wrigglesworth wrote:

And now I have lost money??? can someone explain this to me.. 15 mins ago about I had 700 more lindens then I have now.

:womansad:

Good god.  /me shakes his head

Maybe a sale got "reverted" or something??  I don't know...what does your transaction history say in your regular dashboard?

Marcus Hancroft wrote:

Brooke and her team do NOT communicate with the Merchants.  They don't care to, and furthermore...don't WANT to.  They'd have a lot of explaining to do if they did and nobody on the commerce team wants to DO any explaining. 

There are a lot of competent and keen people out there in this economy who actually do not have jobs at the moment.  Life sure isn't fair.

The most part what let me be angry is:

- they get 5% from every delivered Item - from our Stuff and we speak about many Linden if we have a Look at all Merchants

- they get many Linden if Merchents makes Advertising in MP - 299 till near 1k for one Week ( or more? ) ..

And the Support is horrorable

If you file a ticket about all old undelivery Problems - it comes all the time the same Answer: rezz your box, make new update and go on ..

Sure, its ok but if we file plenty of same Tickets with the same problems - it comes all the time the same Answer

I stopp from now all my Advertising for special Stuff in MP and they get nothing more for "specials" from me. This day shows Linden what they think about the Merchants and Customer. Nothing. Near 12 Hours Problems or Page down - sorry, that can not be and I look now really for a Shop ingame again. It must be, cause Linden is not a help for Seller.

What a bad day and be so sorry for all the Customer who wait for their Gifts ..... well ... thank you Linden!

Caren Jewell wrote:

What a bad day and be so sorry for all the Customer who wait for their Gifts ..... well ... thank you Linden!

Yes, it's not fair to ruin peoples' celebration days and plans this way.  At least at X-Mas I could hand-deliver everything, but I cannot even access the information to help my customers now. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4424 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.