MP Down??

Teagan Parnas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4450 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It's official now:

http://status.secondlifegrid.net/2012/02/14/post1563/

Marketplace Delivery Issues

Posted by Status Desk on February 14th, 2012 at 07:40 am PST

[Posted 7:40am PST, 14 February 2012] We are aware that orders placed on the Second Life marketplace are delivering slower than normal. Orders are not being lost. Please allow additional time for items ordered to be delivered to the intended recipient. We will update this post when we have more information.

slower ... is 6 and a half hour now :/

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Madeliefste Oh wrote:

When you look in orders -> transaction history... the items show up as 'queued'

When you look in reports -> orders... the items show up as 'undelivered'

Yes, you are entirely correct.

The whole thing is absurd.

Delivering slower than normal?  Is this an attempt to make us feel good about the witching hour slow-down?

On the bright side, this probably will not negatively impact peoples' confidence in the Commerce Team's ability to deploy DD without major catastrophe because that boat has long since sailed, sunk and been turned into an under-water diving attraction.

"[Resolved 8:44am PST, 14 February 2012] Second Life marketplace deliveries have caught up and any further orders should be delivered in the standard amount of time."

REALLY????  Because I was fully charged for my purchase and it still hasn't been delivered and is showing as such in my MP purchase history :(  This was a relatively large purchase (for me anyways) costing $2500L.  Sighs :(

I received the first order 5 minutes after L$ got taken after 7 hours from buyng. A second delivery arrived an half hour later.

Maaan! are they lucky! Now the Europeans are getting home from work, right in time to sell Valentine's stuff.
But for Australia and Asia it's too late - Valentine is gone.

I will buy something now to see how much it takes, there should be an immense queue after 7 1/2 hours.

EDIT:

...If only the MP wouldn't be down a second time:
http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/marketplace.secondlife.com

Samara Sharkfin wrote:

Maaan! are they lucky! Now the Europeans are getting home from work, right in time to sell Valentine's stuff.

They'll need more than luck to sell anything unless the marketplace comes back online.  It's down again.

I guess technically they are correct about fixing the problem of placed orders hanging.  If no one can access the marketplace, it stands to reason no one will place any orders that end up delayed.

This is really inconvenient. 

I took heaps of stuff off my land and rezzed nearly my entire Valentine's stock and then went through every relevant listing on the marketplace to put the URL in thinking if people cannot get stuff from the marketplace at least they could come in-world and get it, and now they cannot even see the listings anyway. 

There is just no way to win with these folks!

So now I've done all that for nothing, and once Valentine's Day is over, I'll just have to tidy it all up, derezz everything, put my little plot of stuff back out like it was and re-edit the listings.  Ok I chose to do the extra work, but that was on the presumption that my listings were at least still viewable...

I'm not sure on the facts, but I've heard that the CEO of SL is the creator of The Sims Online... well, as an old TSO player all I can say is that went BUST so what's in store for SL??????? Why would they bring someone over from a FAILED online game??? AND what's this with the MP being DOWN on a VERY IMPORTANT HOLIDAY???? Instead of creating those areas of fun in the game... get things RIGHT like expanding prim counts on regions... keeping the MP running and not being down... stopping the crashing... STOP TAKING LINDENS FROM OUR ACCOUNT BECAUSE YOU FEEL LIKE IT LIKE YOU DID WITH ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK... they are reading this thread, they know the MP website is down:

Second Life Marketplace Offline

[postED 9:15AM PST, 14 February 2012] We are aware that the Second Life Marketplace is currently offline and we are working to resolve the issue. Please watch this blog for further updates.

http://status.secondlifegrid.net/2012/02/14/post1564/

EDIT: it's up again for now

Samara Sharkfin wrote:

OK... they are reading this thread, they know the MP website is down:

Second Life Marketplace Offline

[postED 9:15AM PST, 14 February 2012] We are aware that the Second Life Marketplace is currently offline and we are working to resolve the issue. Please watch this blog for further updates.

EDIT: it's up again for now

Lol, thank goodness for the forums, the Commerce Team's reliable source of information.  So unfortunate the reliable information is a one-way street deal.

I just got an email from the Xstreet magic box that one of my items was delivered, but it doesn't say to whom ... and ... I'm not showing any lindens added to my account :(

and my marketplace transaction history hasn't changed either.

This is nothing new from the LL Commerce Team. 

Ironically I have recently been involved in the SL MESH Forums and the LL team members there are very engaging and interactive with the Mesh community.  Heck... they even run a weekly inworld mesh usergroup meeting !!  To bad they cant teach Brooke's team how customer service works and how to leverage the skills talents opinions of the Merchant community like the Mesh team seems to have done.

Also, isnt is a Classic Flub by the Commerce Team that one of the more critical and busiest MP and inworld shopping DAYS of the year and LL screws up the site.  I am pretty sure on my assumption that the MP did not break completely on its own.  LL wont admit this but I will bet they decided to put in a background change into their server enviornment earlier today that screwed this all up.

See LL... in the Real World of I.S. and I.T. for businesses, there are certain periods of the year where the business tells I.S.  "CHANGE FREEZE" or "CHANGE CHILL".... dont make ANY CHANGES to the systems during this time as an unplanned outage can cause a lot of disruption to our business.  For LL... this would include Valentines Day as it is a busy social event day that generates a lot of added shopping and inworld scheduled events activity.

YOU DONT MAKE ANY CHANGES ON DAYS LIKE THIS!!

Lastly, the fact that LL runs a truly 7x24 operation and yet it has been proven time and again that when a failure of MP happens outside of LL's normal SLT office hours... there is no one around to even look at the problem until the LL Commerce Team shows up to work in the morning with their coffee in hand realize that the MP has been down for 12 hours!

And then some of the LL CheerLeaders wonder why merchants like me get so head-shaking frustrated at LL and their immature business practices.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4450 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.