MP Down??

Teagan Parnas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4451 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is anyone else having problems selling on the MP. I have had no orders go out for over 4 hours and i have over 85 orders showing as Queued. Its the busiest day of the year for me so to say im upset and angry is a understatement.

Note.....yes reset magic boxes, syned boxes and i have them placed on 3 different sims

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My advice as seller is, Dont buy in Marketplace today, buy on ingame stores, Marketplace is NOT delivering nothing right now, and we as sellers cannot do much. We dont know if item has been paid or not as appear on "QUEUE" so we cannot redeliver nothing. I hope people stops buying at MP things that they hope to get today for Valentines.

It would help if LL closed the MP until they fix it, but getting someone from LL attention is proving hard. Ive put in a ticket, which may get answered next month, live chat doesn't start till 8am SL time. Ive started putting a notice on my own listings telling people to buy inworld from me. I am losing thousands of Lindens every hour this continues.

All those orders currently queued will never get delivered now

Dammit!

I did know about the HW maintenance - but not that transaction where affected.

They added this after i read the first part:

"[updated 4:51am PST, 14 February 2012] We will be starting our hardware maintenance shortly. Please refrain from rezzing any no-copy objects or making any L$ transactions during this time."

...so i was happily buying stuff in shops seen that the MP is stuck again :/

Why don't they use the gridwide announcements as they did years ago?

Edit:

...and by the way, yes the MP must be somehow down partly or completelly. I'm still waiting for deliverys since 5 hours! (well ok, i'm not really waiting anymore :/ )

Check out this JIRA, there is some current info at the bottom.

WEB-4260 Delayed Deliverys in early hours

And don't forget to "watch" the issue to vote it up (the more "watches" the more they see it) if you have this issues.

"Nice" to see all the Problems in Marketplace and its more "nice" that they make at Valentine's Time a big Update and more Problems for Merchants and Customer.

I can understand that more and more customer go ingame and buy there Stuff there.

Thank you - Linden! I wait for the next big Work and think it comes ..Easter ;-)

It's freakn Valentine's day.  Last time I checked (and I should know because I sell flowers here) that partners buy gifts for eachother for Valentines day.

Sounds like a perfect time to shut the servers down that allow such transactions to take place.  I have two pages of transactins on hold.  This tells the poor schmucks that stull buy stuff in SL that LL is more interested in sticking to an artificial service schedule than to make sure folks get stuff on time that will make SL a more "human" place.

On behalf of myself and all my customers... Thanks fot a big one up the wazo LL.

Max

Teagan Parnas wrote:

All those orders currently queued will never get delivered now

I'd like to know what "queued" really means - I've been redelivering by hand to some ppl, but then one paid me because he said he's already got a refund from MP - all mine are at undelivered/queued - so looks like these might end up being cancelled?

Anyone else got evidence one way or the other?

queued - means that the Stuff is on the way to the Customer. No Payment to Merchant at the moment and if the Stuff is later realy on the way .. it will be delivered. 

That was what I read about "queued" .. but how long and how many hours it needs - no Idea, no Info, nothing.

Its ok if Linden works and most it is a "must be" .. but its not human for all on a Day where many Customer are at Marketplace and need a Gift for Valentine's day.

I can't believe it .. sorry and I'm realy angry .. and be not alone with it :-(

"Queued" is just another way of saying "in process" somewhere in the system - it is the stage before "being delivered". I've had "queued" orders that hang for a while, then complete successfully; I've had "queued" orders that fail; I've had "queued" orders that hang for weeks and I file a support ticket to ask LL to complete the transaction one way or another to clean up records (and yes, sometimes they do complete after weeks of being in "queue").

Brilliant, it had to happen in Valentine's Day. And all the money we loose? will get lost? because i have 3 pages in transaction history with orders in queque. For God's sake they would need a 24 hours support, europe also plays sl.

I hope they will fix it soon, so  not all the work we did to be in vain.

Arwen Serpente wrote:

"Queued" is just another way of saying "in process" somewhere in the system - it is the stage before "being delivered". I've had "queued" orders that hang for a while, then complete successfully; I've had "queued" orders that fail; I've had "queued" orders that hang for weeks and I file a support ticket to ask LL to complete the transaction one way or another to clean up records (and yes, sometimes they do complete after weeks of being in "queue").

RIght- that's whati figured, which is why it spun me a bit when this guy said he'd been refunded already.

So I did a test purchase myself, and the money hasn't even been taken out yet, which normally it would...

Just mind-boggling at the timing as i sit refreshing orders page and IMing people... sigh

This may well be the final straw for me. I've been up all niter trying to keep the sim running smoothly and dealing with customers that have paid for the item from the market place but not received and now this. Not a single sale on the market place since 9am UK time. No help available, and there will be no compensation. I sell cards and gifts so Valentine's day is the biggest time of year for me.

Im now on 12 pages of orders marked queued, i hate to think how many Lindens that all adds up too, lost!

Latest comment from LL to my ticket.....

Thank you for contacting us about this.  We have just posted to the status blog:

We are aware that orders placed on the Second Life marketplace are delivering slower than normal. Orders are not being lost. Please allow additional time for items ordered to be delivered to the intended recipient. We will update this post when we have more information.

Slower then normal? its been 7 hours with no deliveries

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4451 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.