Wont stop running

funkilicous

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4448 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Good Day all and happy valentines day,

Ive been having this issue for almost 3 months when I run walk or even fly I keep going and going and going till im off the parcel and onto another ive upgraded my internet connection but seem to still happen don't matter where im at it does it at clubs mall everywhere. Anyone have any idea why this is happening or even how to fix it?

Hello, funkilicous, and I hope your day is full of love.

It sounds to me like something scripted that you are wearing is causing this issue for you.  Just test something please. Use the character test to take your avatar back to a default avatar, and run, walk, or fly. See what happens.  Better?

I am guessing that this happens to you where one sim meets another, and what you are seeing on your screen, is the length of time it is taking for your avatar's information to transfer from one server to another (sims often being on different servers, 2 to 4 sims to a server).  The more attachments you have on, the more scripts you are wearing, the more slowly the transfer is likely to be.

Please let me know what happens when you do the character test. 

Yes, sounds like our old friend, the rubberbanding, has you in its firm grip.

Watch where it happens, mid sim or on borders.

Check your connection on speedtest.net

You're on wifi? PLUG IN DAMMIT!!!!

Open the statistics bar (ctrl shift 1) and watch the numbers: FPS, Bandwith, Time Dilation, Packet Loss, Ping ... These tell you a lot about the quality of the SL region you're in. Huge shopping malls tend to be much more laggy than empty regions, like some public oceans.

It also could be your weakish hardware, bad GPU. Or too many scripts on your avie. Often it's a combination of all these factors.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4448 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.