Second Life's Latest Viewer Version 3.2.8.248931 (2/13/11)

IIIMistressIII

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4453 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This morning I woke up and had nothing to do, so I logged on Second Life. Apparently they updated a new viewer and so I proceeded in downloading the latest Viewer and near the end of the downloading it gives me this window, saying there was an error opening file for writing: "C:\Program Files (x86)\SecondLifeViewer\\IIplugin\imageformats\qtiff4.dll." I was wondering if anybody on here is having problems with the new viewer, and how can I get back on Second Life.

(Rest In Peace Whitney Houston)

Oh I'm somewhat new, so if you could help me out, please IM me to my Second Life username IIIMistressIII (and no I'm not a mistress... I just stupidly put that as my username, because I thought it was cool.)

I'm not sure where Chelsea got the idea that the Lindens don't ask for feedback... the whole JIRA system and QA testing versions from Project, to Development, to beta, to the main viewer is an ongoing dialog with users and third party viewer developers. Plus there is an automatic feedback system in the viewer.

If you want o get back in SL and you are sure it is the viewer that is at fault, and not a driver issue then try this:

Turn off your anti-virus off and reinstall the viewer. If that fails, get the Beta viewer and try it. 

The Beta and Development viewers are not intended for everyday use, unless you are helping with viewer testing and providing feedback to LL.

Without knowing your systems details I can't say much about what the problem may be. When asknig techie questions open the viewer's Help->About... and copy paste that information.

Tens of thousands of people logged into SL today. I logged in several times starting at 9 AM. I'm using the Dev viewer 3.3.0, but I've used most of the 3.2 versions now moving into main and beta. So, I would guess it is more a local issue without your hardware and drivers.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4453 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.